Here

This is another reaction to the wonderful Fitzphie breakup, except in this world the Neverseen is already defeated :D

Sophie's head was spinning. Fitz had broken up with her, which was lame, considering they hadn't even been together for that long. They hadn't even kissed.

Edaline enveloped Sophie in a hug, whispering comforting things in her ear. Grady paced back and forth, swearing to 'teach him a lesson'. Apparently, elves were now very big fans of violence.

Sophie just stood, as unmoving and still as a statue, and barely aware of her surroundings. Her brain was occupied with the life-altering event that had just taken place, replaying old memories of her and Fitz over and over. Old memories when they were happy, when life was much simpler. For the first time ever, she wished she didn't have a photographic memory.

It was torture, having to look back at those times, and knowing that they could never act the same way around each other again. Nothing would ever be the same. But she couldn't stop, and her brain wouldn't stop; a stupid coping mechanism. 

After a while of wallowing in self-pity, Sophie decided she shouldn't bore her parents with her boy problems. Who knows how much time had passed while she stood there.

Actually, who cared? There was no one left to care.

She gently pushed Edaline away. Her lower lip trembled, so she bit her lip and tried to stop the tears from flooding down her face. It didn't work.

"Mom, Dad, it's ok. I'm fine. Let's just go to sleep, ok? It's pretty late," Sophie could hear the slight hysteria in her voice, and she was certain Edaline and Grady could hear it, too.

Fortunately, they decided to ignore it. Staring worriedly at her, Edaline reluctantly nodded. Edaline's mouth started moving, but nothing came out.

Just spit it out. I don't care.

Finally, she sighed.

"Okay, but... if you need anything, you can always come to us." Edaline wrapped Sophie into one last hug, before pulling away and smiling sadly at her. Sophie offered her a weak smile, waved at Grady, and walked back to her room.

Sophie buried herself under her mountain of blankets, and clamped her pillow over her head. I wish I could stay like this forever.

She snuggled deeper into her bed. I wish I could fall asleep and never wake up again.

Unfortunately, she knew that would never happen. She would have to continue living in this unfair world, surrounded by friends but still lonely. Which begged the question: Now what?

She had always known what she wanted. To be with Fitz. And when they finally got together, all she wanted was for them to stay together forever. Longer than forever, for eternity and beyond. Elves were immortal, after all.

But now...

Now what?

What did she want now? Certainly not to be with Fitz. Surpassingly, her mind drifted off to a place miles away, with sapphire-blue waters and soft gold sand that now only seemed like a dream.

The talk with Keefe about what they were going to do when they were legal adults, which was soon, soon replaced the memories with Fitz that were replaying in her mind.

The rest of her night, she didn't think about Fitz. Not even once. The name seemed to be deleted from her head, replaced with a much more comforting one. Keefe.

Sophie wished she was meant to be together with another elf now, a much better one. And when she finally fell asleep, her dreams were centred around a certain blonde haired elf with ice-blue eyes.

♡ 𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚙 ♡

Sophie knocked lightly on Keefe's bedroom door. After fifteen seconds of silence, she knocked again, louder this time.

"Go away! I told you, I don't care that they're dating, alright?! If they're happy, I'm happy. It's not like you care anyway." Keefe finally replied, annoyed, after the eleventh knock.

Sophie rolled her eyes. "I'm not Cassius," She told him. "And who's dating?" She couldn't help but add, even though she knew it was probably none of her business. She heard a loud crash.

"Uhh, no one. Umm, just my imaginary friends, Bob and... Sally." Keefe stammered, finally opening the door.

"It seems like you and Blondie over here share the same braincell," Ro mused. "By the way, Hunkyhair, smooooooth."

Keefe rolled his eyes and glared at Ro before turning to Sophie and smiling apologetically. "Whatever. Sorry, I thought you were my dad." Sophie hugged him.

"Woah there Foster, you— huh?" A confused expression crossed his face, and he furrowed his brow. He gently pushed her away from him, leading her over to his bed.

"Sit down, you look sick. Do you want some mallowmelt? I'll go get some now if you do. Why are you making that face? That's the face I make when I have diarrhoea. It's the face you make when you're confused or really need to concentrate on something, like explosive diarrhoea." Keefe rambled, a pathetic attempt at humour to lighten the mood.

He glared at Ro, who was currently rolling around on the floor laughing, and hugged Sophie again.

"Foster, did something happen? Sorry. You know the diarrhoea thing was a joke, right? Wait, that's not important. What's important is that your emotions are a bit... haywire. It's like I'm sensing hope, some of the usual fluttery foster feelings, sadness, anger, and heartbreak..." Keefe's voice trailed off as he realised what happened.

"Foster, if Fitz  broke up with you... he doesn't deserve you. Besides, lots of people wouldn't mind being with an unmatchable if it's true love. Aren't you happier knowing it wasn't true love in the first place?"

Sophie nodded, not trusting herself enough to speak. It was like there was a lump stuck in her throat. Without thinking, she hugged him tighter. They stayed like that for a while, neither of them wanting to let go.

"Besides," Keefe mumbled into her hair, so softly that she had to strain her ears to hear him. "Golden boy may not be there for you when you need him, but I will. I'm right here, Foster. And I'm not going anywhere."

if this was canon sokeefe would've happened faster 😌
love you guys more than sophie loves mallowmelt, byeee!