Mossy Gravestones

"Toby! Go out for once, you can't always stay inside and lay computer games!" Mother called.

Tubbo stood up begrudgingly, turning off the computer. But he'll do it.

It was a new neighborhood, so Tubbo doesn't have anyone to talk to here yet.

He brushed his hair, and put on a red hoodie.

---

He walked down the street, bored. He made sure to bring his phone incase he doesn't have anything to do, or if he gets lost.

Whilst walking, he stumbled upon a little clearing.

It looked nice to just sit there and relax.

So he did! He walked through the grass which shimmered in the sunlight, feeling the wind on his face.

Once he got to the farther part of the clearing, he saw lots of trees. They were spruce trees. He walked into the forest, looking around to see only bees.

He was at the middle of the forest. There was a lone apple tree, and the sunlight seemed to be seeping through the canopy here.

There were four graves, each one being lined up under the apple tree. He walked towards it.

The first grave was... Phillip Minecraft? Weird. But he felt as if he's heard his name before. A boat was carved onto the grave.

The second was an awesome name. Techno Blade. The name is also familiar. There was a sword carved onto the grave.

The third is William Soot. He knows this one. He's a late musician who died around the '70s. He died of lung cancer, but he was an awesome musician back then. He had music notes drawn on his grave.

The fourth is an unfamiliar name. Thomas Innit. It looks like he died a few years back, 2009? This one was blank.

He sat down, and picked a few flowers.

He for some reason tried striking up a conversation with the graves.

Yes, he's hit a new low. He had no friends, okay?

"Hi! This place is pretty, do you think I can come here every once in a while?" Tubbo said. "My name is Toby, but please call me Tubbo, and I would like to be your friend."

The graves didn't do anything.

He sighed. A bee flew down into his hand, in which he just watched the bee happily.

"Well hello there, bee!" He said.

The bee eventually flew away, to find flowers.

Tubbo pulled a flower out and made a simple little flower crown.

"You guys want this?" He said, putting it on the grave of Thomas. "He can have it first, I'll make more!"

While he made another flower crown, he saw an orange white shape somewhere around the corner.
He tried to ignore it, and he was done with another flower crown.

He was going to put it on the gravestone of William, but it was slowly creeping towards him. He dropped the flower crown immediately.

He turned to it to see a fox.

The fox was snarling at him.

"Hey, hey, you okay?" Tubbo said, putting down the flowers.

It seemed to be guarding the grave of the musician.

"I'm not going to hurt it or anything, don't worry!" He said, backing away.

The fox suddenly froze, and turned to the grave.

It noticed the flower crown, and left.

He sighed, sitting down again on the same spot he was in.

He took more flowers, this time with some violets.

He took out a bit of wire from his bag and started weaving the flowers in.

The fox came back, with a mayflower in its mouth.

It dropped it on William's grave, and fell down, probably exhausted.

"Hi again." Tubbo said.

The fox just turned to him, and walked towards Tubbo.

Tubbo stood up, getting ready to scare the fox away. He didn't want to be under a gravestone too!

The fox out its paw on the dirt, and made weird scratches.

Tubbo turned to look at it.

Funcly?

He had to read it a few more times to understand.

"Fundy!" Tubbo read, and the fox nodded. "That's your name?"

The fox walked towards Tubbo and rubbed against him like a cat.

"Aww, you like me!" He smiled. "That's so cool!"

Fundy then curled up next to the grave.

"Do you have like, any connections with William?"

Fundy just nodded.

"Fundy, where do you stay?"

Fundy didn't move. That's when Tubbo realised how tired and hungry the fox was. It looked saddening!

Tubbo got an idea. A very stupid idea that might get his ass beat into the ground. L

"You're my friend, right?" Tubbo said.

Fundy nodded.

"Are you okay with me picking you up?"

Fundy froze, but nodded again.

"Well, Fundy, I have an idea!"

---

"MOTHER, DO YOU HAVE ANY LEFTOVERS?" Tubbo said, carrying Fundy. "WE HAVE A GUEST!"

Mother ran towards the door to see Tubbo holding a fox.

"TOBY, DROP THE FOX!" She yelled. "IT'S GOING TO HURT YOU!"

Fundy looked very scared of the yelling.

Tubbo notices, and shushes his mother.

"Mum, he's a friend! He's going to starve!"

"What if its rabid?!"

Tubbo went to go to the kitchen and put a piece of chicken over Fundy's nose, Fundy eating it immediately.

"There there, you won't die yet!" Tubbo smiled, happily giving his lunch to Fundy.

Fundy ate happily.

Thats when Tubbo sneaked off, going to his mother.

"Mother, the fox loves me! And it was so hungry, I couldn't help it!" Tubbo looked at his mother with puppy dog eyes. "Please, can I keep Fundy?"

"It's a fox, for heavens sake!" She pinched the bridge of her nose. "And you've already named it? Toby, we can't keep a fox!"

"Look, he can understand me!" Tubbo said. "He's a good fox and he told me his name is Fundy!"

-

After loads of convincing, his Mother allowed it on two conditions.

1. If it starts biting him, kick the fox out.
2. Tubbo has to feed him and clean him up.

"Fundy, Fundy!" Tubbo exclaimed. "You can stay!"

Fundy wagged his tail, rubbing his head onto Tubbo's hand.

"Come on, let's play video games!"

---