7. || intimidating hale

When Scott and I eventually got home after the whole lacrosse fiasco we decide to chill out in Scotty's room for a bit

When Scott and I eventually got home after the whole lacrosse fiasco we decide to chill out in Scotty's room for a bit. I dump my school stuff in my room before chilling with Scott in his, I face plant on his bed so we can talk, and I can be comfy whilst we do it.

We talk about everything from wolfie business to Allison, I may not be a good talker, but I am a good listener, and, on the occasion, I can give some decent advice. But our conversation gets cut short when there is a knock at Scott's bedroom door, we both look up to see our very tired looking mom who is all dressed up in her nursing scrubs her hair pulled back out of her smiling face.

"Hey, late shift again for me. But I am taking Saturday off to see your lacrosse game and Scott's first one might I add" Mom says with a huge smile on her face she's proud of her son for finally completing his dream.

"No, mom, you can't" Scott says worried about the game as it is and mom missing a shift when we don't have much money as it is will make him feel guilty but mom on the other hand face drops slightly not expecting that to be her son's answer.

"He's right mom, it's not a big deal if you miss it" I say trying to back up my twin not wanting my mom to be there because if he has to play, I don't want her to watch everything go wrong.

"Oh, no, I can, and I will. Come on, one shift isn't going to break us. Not completely. Hey, what's wrong with your eyes?" Me and Scott instantly sit up but look at each other relieved and confused. "You both look like you haven't slept in days" Mom says looking at both of us more intensely.

"Uh, it's nothing. We're just stressed" Scott says trying to play off are reaction I flop back onto the bed relieved but notice them both looking at me.

"Yeah, just papers to complete and stuff..." I say trailing off confused as to why they were both looking at me.

"Just stress and papers? Nothing else" Mom asks almost accusingly, I raise an eyebrow at her as if to say just spit it out.

"Homework?" Scott says almost as if he's asking a question, I just shrug this conversation is the least of my worries right now.

"I mean, it's not lies either of you are on drugs or anything, right?" Mom says causing me to raise an eyebrow again.

"Right now?" Me and Scott both ask but in completely different ways, Scott sits up shocked whilst I say it relaxed and led down.

"Right now? I'm sorry, what do you mean, right now? Have you ever taken drugs?" Mom asks staring us both down as if to say don't you dare lie. I shrug it's no big deal most teenagers try them once maybe I did smoke a little weed a little more than once, but she doesn't need to know all the details.

"Absolutely..." I go to reply with an honest answer, but I get cut off by Scott for once in his life he has a smart reply.

"Have you?" Scott twists it back on her, she stands there for a couple of seconds shock evident on her face she thinks of a way to answer the question but soon realises it isn't going to work out for her.