Author's Note

Hi there my beautiful readers! Firstly, I just want to say that I cannot believe I’ve got to this point, to be able to say that I wrote the whole of this trilogy, using ideas that I was still only toying with just a year ago, is incredible. The fact that I wrote an entire trilogy in a year and a half, at the same time as going to school and doing other hobbies, will always be something I’m proud of.

     I thought when I finished this I would be sad, but now I find myself surprisingly flippant about it, and a little bit relieved. Though I love these characters, and I dearly love the stories, I have been tied to them a bit too much for a while now. I’ve had other ideas that I’ve wanted to use, but being the sort of person who can only write one story at a time, I’ve avoided writing anything else. In writing a trilogy I’ve forced myself to stick to this story and these characters whether I wanted to or not. While it was always something I wanted to do, and I’ve never suffered from really bad writer’s block or anything, by the end I felt I was only writing because I had to, for you. I had to finish it as I’d got to a point where there was no giving up.

     This was not only due to the fact that I had promised to myself that I would write this trilogy, but also because of Wattpad. Discovering Wattpad was great for me, especially because I’m not that comfortable sharing what I write with people I know in real life, I only have two friends I’ve allowed to read my stuff. In posting on here I was pleased to finally share my writing with an impartial audience who didn’t know me, so couldn’t read anything into it that wasn’t supposed to be there.

     The first book I read on here was The Kissing Booth, which has now gone on to be published. I can’t pretend it wouldn’t have been nice to have that sort of popularity, but seeing as I refuse to set any of my stories in high school, I don’t think there was ever a chance of that happening. Still, the popularity I have got astounds me. About three thousand people have read the entire of the first book, which when you think about it, is already an incredible number. A year and a half ago, one person in the whole world was the grand total of people to have read what I write, and now that number stands at THREE THOUSAND. I honestly can’t believe it sometimes.

     So I owe a lot to Wattpad, and am so grateful to have found it, but in a way, it’s also been a curse of sorts. Having fans out there, that I would never want to disappoint, forced me to write more often than I ever had before. This was good for me, pushing me to achieve things that I wouldn’t have been able to achieve without that drive. At the same time though, it meant that I was putting my writing before everything, sacrificing going out, doing school work well, practicing my violin and reading. With less than two years left at school now, I need to concentrate on that, reading as widely as I can (I want to do English Literature at uni) and writing what I really want to write.  What I’m really trying to say is that I may not be posting anything else on here any time soon.

      All three books will still be here, and since I don’t plan on publishing them or anything, they will be here for a long time. I’ll probably still come on to reply to comments and such, but I won’t be posting any more stories. I’m not giving up writing though, so if I find that I’ve written something I want to share, I will. But I won’t be writing with the purpose of putting it on Wattpad anymore, because that just leads to chaining myself down to something I’m not at liberty to commit to.

     You are all amazing, and I wish you all the best, keep being wonderful and supportive! I could have never done this without you guys and I’m going to miss coming on here so so much!