Prologue

Hey guys! So here is the final installment of The Three Years Trilogy :) Today I am just uploading the prologue as a teaser sort of thing, as a special treat because it's my birthday today, I will not actually start uploading on a regular basis for a while yet, possibly even a whole month. But yes, here is the prologue!

Special thanks to BeautifuL17KhaoS for the amazing cover as always!

*******************************************************************************

     I heard Blake’s voice before I saw her. She called out my name, urgently. I lifted my head from where it was resting on my crossed arms, revealing my blotched face covered with tears.

     She was running towards me, her tall, beautiful body outlined elegantly by the full length summer dress she was wearing, and her airy, blonde locks flying behind her in the wind. She reached the point where I was sitting, curled up on the ground leaning against the wall of our little house, and crouched down next to me.

     ‘Beth, what the hell is going on?’ she asked me, placing a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

     I hiccupped when I opened my mouth to try and speak, so instead I took deep breaths and rubbed my face, trying to get it dry. ‘Blake,’ I managed to whisper. ‘You know I love you, right?’

     Blake’s long, thin eyebrows creased together with concern. ‘Babe, you have to tell me what’s going on,’ she insisted. ‘You’ve really got me worried.’

     ‘And,’ I added. I paused to sniff and wipe my face of the new tears that had leaked out. ‘You know I would never do anything to hurt you.’

     Blake started looking around the drive. It didn’t seem like she was really paying any attention to what I was saying, but I knew that she was. She looked back at me, straight in the eyes, and just stared for a moment.

     ‘Beth,’ she started, her voice dropping to the same volume as mine. ‘Where’s Flick?’ She sounded even more concerned now – if that was possible. I couldn’t say anything; I was too disgusted with myself. I couldn’t believe that I would betray Blake like that, but somehow, I was sitting here on the ground, and it had happened.

     ‘Where’s Flick?’ Blake repeated, loud and urgently.