Even If It's Not Me

Hi! I have a bunch of AU's already written out, but I didn't really want to start with an AU, so I wasn't really sure what to do for this first one-shot. I ended up using a random prompt I saw on Pinterest. I hope it's not too bad.

Edit: The first one is really bad, but don't let that scare you away from the rest. They get better, I promise. (The second is better but not great. They get way better around 'Angel in Diguise'.)

Word Count: 337

Trigger Warnings: none

Louis ran a hand through his hair, washing out the shampoo, trying his best to stay awake. It was past two in the morning when the boys had said goodnight and retired to their own rooms. When Niall had said a party in the hotel game room, he hadn't realized they would be staying up so late.

He thought back to the mess they had caused from their partying. Harry was trying to throw M&M's into Niall's mouth and one had hit his forehead. Niall threw one back, but Louis walked by and it hit him instead. Zayn and Liam joined in and they ended up in a huge food war and the entire game room was trashed. It was not fun to clean up.

Louis turned off the shower and reached for a towel, shivering a little as the cold air hit his skin. He dried off and pulled on a clean pair of boxers and a fresh t-shirt, before hanging his towel on the hook next to Harry's. 

He slipped quietly from the bathroom, flicking the lights off. He stood in the doorway a minute, letting his eyes adjust to the darkness. He looked over to where his best friend lay asleep, watching the steady rise and fall of his breathing. Maybe one day he would actually get up the courage to tell him how he felt. 

Harry had always talked of how he wanted to fall in love and get married and have lots of kids. And as much as Louis wanted it to be with him, he knew it probably wouldn't be.

He sighed, crawling into bed and slipping an arm around Harry, pulling him close. "Someday, you're going to fall in love," he whispered into the darkness. "Even if it's not with me." It hurt to say, but he wanted Harry to be happy. He let out a yawn and settled his head onto the pillow, burying his head into Harry's curls. "I love you," he whispered just before falling asleep.

Sorry this is so short. I knew what I wanted to happen but I had a really hard time actually writing it down. Anyway, what did you guys think? Part two?

Don't forget to take care of yourself.

I love you all so much <333

-Addie