My Sunshine

Hello! This one was inspired by a dream I had a while ago, though I didn't get around to writing it until now. I'm not giving any more explanation, because I want you to figure it out as you read. It's a long one (: At least I think. I'm not sure what you consider long, but anything over 2000 is long for me, and this reached over 3000. Anyway, enjoy!!

Word Count: 3333

Trigger Warnings: None

"Mama?" Louis asked.

"What sweetheart?" she said, coming into the room, a half folder shirt in her hand.

"When will I find my sunshine?"

"I don't know sweetheart. You're still young and you have your whole life ahead of you. But I do know that when you meet them, you'll be able to tell.

"But how, Mama?"

"They'll make you happier than you've ever been and they'll love you unconditionally. You'll feel it in your heart, baby."

"Oh. Thanks, Mama!" 

"You're welcome, sweetheart."

"My sunshine," Louis whispered to himself.

13 Years Later

"This is where you'll be staying," the lady said. "I'll leave you guys to settle in and get to know each other better."

Louis stepped through the door, flopping down on the couch, trying to soak in all that had happened. It felt like just a few minutes ago that he had auditioned, and here he was, being thrown into a band, staying in a house with five people he barely knew.

He looked up to where everyone stood awkwardly, bags held tight in their hands.

"Uh hi," the curly-headed one said quietly. Harry, if he remembered correctly. 

"Can we get Nandos?" one asked. Niall. 

That was all it took for the boys to drop the bags and start running around like they had known each other for years. Like they had always lived together. Like it was all they knew. Louis marveled at how comfortable everyone looked together. 

He looked over to the curly-headed boy again. He was on Zayn's back, and they were running around the living room laughing. Zayn set him down and he looked over to where Louis sat on the couch. "Hi!" he said with a little wave.

Louis felt something stir inside him. "Hi," he said back, barely a whisper.

It wasn't long before they were running up the stairs to claim beds, tripping over each other in the rush, all wanting the best pick.

...

Louis lay on his bunk, his phone in his hands. He opened his text messages and opened the first contact. 

'I miss you,' he texted. 'You'd love the boys.'

'Louis!' his mother texted back excitedly. 'I miss you too. I trust I'll get to meet them soon.'

'Of course,' he sent. 'I should be getting to sleep. I'll text you in the morning.'

'Right. Goodnight!!! ❤️'

'Night ❤️'

Louis let the phone drop from his hands, falling onto his lap. He smiled up at the bottom of Zayn's bunk. He hadn't known the boys for long, but he could already tell they would become his family.

...

"We have to actually rehearse tomorrow," Liam said. "We've been goofing off, and we're not going to advance if we don't practice for real." He and Zayn sat on the floor in front of the couch with Harry and Louis on one side of the couch and Niall on the other.