A little Couldn't Hurt

Hi! So... I am running out of prewritten stuff so I will probably change from one a day to one or two a week.

I spent only like 2 minutes editing this after copy and pasting it, so it probably won't be very good.

As I have said before, titles are not my strong suit. Please help me. I'd rather not have this be named 'eep'. Loverofgayships and tooyoung_28. Or anyone else, but you guys are good at it.

Word Count: 586

Trigger Warnings: blood, self harm

Louis stared at the razor blade in front of him. He barely had to lean forward to reach it.

But he couldn't cut. With the help of Harry, he was now two months clean of cutting. He had to resist the urge for Harry.

It wouldn't hurt just to pick it up...

Louis slowly leaned forward and lifted the blade from it's spot in the wooden cabinet. He pulled his arm back to him, enjoying the familiarity of the blade in his hand. It felt so... right.

He closed his eyes, remembering the pain it had brought him. The pain I deserve, he thought.

No! Stop it! he yelled at himself. For Harry, remember?

He shook his head, trying to clear away the memory of crimson droplets beading up on his arm. But the image stayed firmly rooted in his head.

Just a little bit couldn't hurt.

He brought the blade to his skin, slowly drawing a long line down the length of his lower arm. He watched as blood began to rise to the surface of the cut. The pain felt so familiar. He deserved this.

He only meant to do a little, just one cut, but now he couldn't stop. He drew lines along his arm until each held two long cuts that ran almost all the way from his wrist to the bend in his arm.

He was about to bring down the blade again, when the image of Harry popped into his head. He dropped the blade, glancing at his arms.

Oh, what have I done? he thought. He could feel tears welling up in his eyes.

He stood up and opened the bathroom door, calling for Harry.

"Harry?" he yelled, voice quivering.

"What baby?" he heard the call back.

"I'm so sorry, Harry," he said as soon as Harry appeared from their bedroom door. "I didn't mean to. I couldn't help it."

"Oh, Louis," Harry said. "It's okay sweetheart. Let's get you cleaned up."

Louis nodded and allowed Harry to lead him into the bathroom again. He tried not to cry as Harry pressed a wet cloth to his arms.

"What happened?" Harry asked softly.

"I came in here to see if we had any more tissue boxes, and it was just sitting there under the sink. I'm so sorry, Harry."

"Hey, hey. It's okay, baby." Harry soothed. "It's alright. It's partly my fault anyway, for not throwing it away." He wrapped his arms around Louis, pulling him into his chest, letting him sob into his shirt. "I promised to help you stop, remember? We're in this together, Lou."

Louis pulled back from his grip and whipped at his tear stained face with the back of his hand.

Harry took the hands of the smaller boy, and brought them up to his lips, kissing his palms, just above the cuts. He then picked up the razor blade and took Louis' hand, leading him to the kitchen.

He made sure Louis was safely seated at the kitchen table, then dropped the blade into the trash can. He pulled out the bag and tied the strings, carrying it out to the bin outside to make sure Louis wasn't tempted to cut again.

He then returned to Louis, and pulled him into his arms.

"You can get through this," he mumbled into his hair. "You are the strongest person I know. You just need a little help is all. I love you," he said. "So much."

"I know," Louis said. "I love you too."

I hope you liked it!

In case you couldn't tell, I like writing angst. A lot. (:

Please remember to eat and drink and stand up and stretch. I love you all so much <33

-Addie