The Boys

As we walk up the stone filled path my body continued to ache, every organ decided to remind me of my bad decisions and how unhealthy my body actually was. My heart was racing a mile a minute, I searched for an escape route but I knew I was too weak to do anything. And it was as if I had finally met my male match. After refusing to follow this mysterious guy anywhere he had picked me up and put me over his shoulder. Under any other circumstances I might have actually enjoyed that, but right now all I could feel for him was hatred.

I know he was the one who pulled the trigger that night and I don't even know what had happened to Scar, my phone wasn't in my leather jacket. Every few seconds he would turn and glance at me, it felt like I was staring into the eyes of the devil himself. Although they were a light blue, almost grey shade, there was something inside of them burning with rage. More than I had felt over the years of being abandoned. It was as if he understood, but that isn't possible. I don't know him. But I feel like he knows more than he's letting on.

Snapping out of my deep thoughts, we had reached a house. The house... from the heist. I realised I was in a lot of fucking trouble. He continued to walk ahead without realising I had paused in shock. This is it, this is how I die.

"Come on princess, there are people who drove out all this way just to see you." He called out without even glancing back at me.

I cringed at the pet name, but continued to follow him closer towards the house. Knowing my death was near, I thought about how many relationships I had ruined, Scar. I didn't even get the chance to apologise, or say goodbye. She'd just assume this was another manic and I went on a bender and died that way. As Chaos I vexed a lot of people, even a lot was an understatement. But as I walked to death's door, I couldn't help but think that this was never supposed to be the way I died. It was never supposed to be this soon, or this tragic. Dying young always seemed like the better option, I just expected I' die from a drug overdose or I pissed off the wrong mafia leader. I guess this was the case, I really did cross the line and now I'm facing an execution.

After walking up the last few steps I froze once again. I shot him a very confused but an intrigued look.

They were just boys, could you even call them men?

"Angel this is Archie, Ash Ryder and Ethan. They're all members of darkness. And princess I forgot to introduce myself. I assume you know me as The Shadow." He stated,

"Oh don't be a dick Cole, she's scarier than you'll ever be. Your nickname won't change that." Ash responded, trying to amuse the others but instead met stone facial expressions

"Yes. Indeed she is. Boys this is Chaos." Cole answered in a stern manner.

They all gawked at me clearly unaware that Chaos was a teenage girl. But if the most notorious gang didn't know that meant no one else would figure it out.

"Chaos is a chick?" Ryder raised his eyebrows at me and looked me up and down as if he was mocking me.

"Only you would be so foolish with your stereotypes." Archie stated without removing his eyes from me from the moment I had met them, I knew I could trust him as much as I could trust Cole. Which meant not at all.

"And you knew Chaos was a girl?" Ethan asked Archie

"Look at his face, he didn't know and he definitely has the hots for her." Ash observed his strange behaviour that made me wary of his opinion of me. They all had this look that made me think I was not going to last a night and although I don't trust easily, I know for sure Archie, Cole and Ethan could not be trusted.

"Who still says hots for someone?" I teased, trying to hold back my laughter. Aggravating these guys was not a good idea but I couldn't help to snap lightly at them, I wasn't being cruel just having a little fun and since I was stuck with them it's not like I had much other options.

"Don't be a bitch." He challenged, I expected more jokes back from him but also didn't expect his tone

"Don't get so defensive." I declared, hoping they didn't notice how defensive I replied to Ash.

"And Ash has finally met his bitchy match lady and gents." Ryder chuckled. I glared at him, noticing Ash had done the same but more threatening making Ryder's statement more correct.

"Great now there's two of him." Ethan added.

"Ethan you're too old and grumpy." Ash smiled, opposing to his previous mood and attitude towards me. His change in emotion aggravated me, as if my mood impacted on his. Having my own fucked up mind was enough the last thing I needed was a btec version of myself.

"I'm three years older." He growled back, towering over Ash trying to intimidate him like an alpha male. But oh boy was he wrong.

"Will you all shut up?!" Cole snapped at their childish bicker, his voice alone had control over everyone present but his harsh tone reminded us of his dominance. He wrapped his arm around my waist encouraging me to follow him inside as he continued in a softer tone, "Come on princess let's go inside and get you a drink."

Pet names sent a cold shiver up my spine, not in a good way. My brows furrowed as I turned making a disgusted gesture to the others and mimicked myself throwing up making the others chuckle at how I was not intimidated by Cole's anger.

I watched them follow, whispering amongst each other. Ryder apologised to Archie in a sincere tone confusing me as they weren't the ones arguing, Ash continued claiming Cole had called dibs annoying me even more. They were acting as if I was an object to be claimed by a member of the gang I respected more than anything in this world but being claimed by the leader I hated disgusts me. Although they were incredibly intelligent guys they were incapable of being quiet as I rolled my eyes at their comments.

Noticing how Cole took no notice of their comments, I couldn't keep my eyes off him. Expecting him to kill me any second but instead he smirked acknowledging my glances I decided to keep my head up high and my eyes focused on the house I was entering once again.

But what was racing through my mind wasn't his looks or charms or my hatred towards him, it was Ethan's unexpected comment that followed, "You're such idiots." He stated as if everyone knew what he was talking about. I could see Ryder and Archie give each other a confused look, at least I knew they were just as clueless as me.

"I'll explain later." He continued, making me more intrigued and just as confused as ever as I followed Cole upstairs in silence.

He had taken me to a large room with black interior with motorbike canvas' hung high across each wall. Stalker. I gawked at the room in awe as the door slammed leaving me alone with nothing but my thoughts.