Just a Dream

Chapter 7

I hold him in my arms, unable to stop the bleeding. His lifeless body weighs down on me, telling me he's gone forever. I scream out and cry, tears falling down my face uncontrollably as Ace drags me away from his body. There's nothing you can do everyone told me, over and over again reminding me... he's gone. Forever.

I don't even know how the gun was in my hand but the next thing I knew, I was pointing it at his face, watching his arrogant smirk grow as I threatened to pull the trigger. Screaming inaudible words at him, although nothing I could say would break him as much as he broke me, he laughed at me watching my hands shake around the gun. Until I pulled the trigger, watching the blood drop down onto his Angel wing tattoo.

"Angel! Angel wake up! It's just a dream." Ash yells, waking me from the painful memories mixed with my imagination.

I giggle softly, remembering the look on his face before I killed him with his own gun. His blood covering his tattoos. But I look up to see him leaning against the door frame, topless. I gawk at his tattoos impressed by how there was room for more. Reality had hit me as I realised Ash had his arms wrapped around me, protecting me from what he thought was such a terrible dream, only this time I finally got my revenge.

"Leave her, I've got this." Cole uttered with a croaky voice.

"She hates you mate, remember that."

I stood up and made my way to the balcony with my blanket wrapped around me, lighting my cigarette as I watched the stars.

"What time is it?" I asked, calmly. I saw him in the corner of my eyes tilting his head slightly in confusion.

"5:36am, a lot earlier than I had wanted by the way" He added.

"I was fine with Ash, I didn't need you." I added, still smiling at what I had just witnessed in my own mind, impressed with the detail.

"You were screaming, I was next door what did you expect." He harshly commented, reminding me he was just a baby sitter and nothing more.

I looked at him with a slight eyebrow raise, "You never sleep in your own room." Staring at my reflection, I process what I had just said. I knew this was true but I had barely spoken to Cole, especially not on a deep level. How did I know this?

To my surprise he had a calm expression, as if it was expected of me to say such a thing. However, his expression rarely changed so I thought nothing of it. I finished my cigarette as he continued to stare with a stone look, making deductions from ones appearance and expressions was usually an easy task but there was something about him that just made it hard to understand his train of thought.

I had no idea what he was thinking when he would look down on me; he could either be thinking kill her, leave her or kiss her. My tiredness overwhelmed me as I had realised the last option, which I would have never have thought about or wanted if my brain was fully functioning at a normal hour.

"Go back to bed, I'll see you in a few hours." He stated, before leaving me to my thoughts.

I didn't even realise I was still staring at him, it had felt like with each look our souls were connected and destined to meet. Yet this was crap I had never thought about and refused to believe in. But I was so convinced that I knew him, other than watching him kill the guy I loved. My hatred for him was confusing, almost as bipolar as me. Spending more time with him was the last thing I needed, one thing I knew was that I had to know the truth before I kill him.

I was tossing and turning for hours eventually giving up before it hit nine am. I could hear his movements across the room, preparing for today's training and just like I had mentioned before, he hadn't slept in his bed. His steps were cautious and light as if he was an angel floating instead of walking. My mind paced and changed directions more than he had done in the last three hours or so, but I came back to one question. Why haven't I killed him yet? He was not even a few metres next to me, how easy it would be for me to slip in and out without a sound, taking his last breath from him. And here I was lying in a bed that wasn't even my own, wondering why he was still alive.