He's not real

Chapter 17

04:00am

Exactly an hour since I had let my thoughts run wild, I felt nothing in this moment as I knew the worst thing could ever happen to me had felt so perfect in my mind.

I turned onto my side to face the window, staring into the night. The moon had shone just like Cole's eyes, it was as if he was staring into them all over again. But my hatred towards him grew more as I knew it would never be that simple for us.

A light laugh escaped my lips as I thought of how simple I thought my last relationship was going to be, the man I was going to marry. The one I would've given all of this up for. But he was gone, just like my mind.

I picked up my phone and slowly deleted the number I had typed in an hour ago, the number I never called and the guy I never met outside the motel on the side of the road on route to his home. The guy who had made me feel normal and like I could be a teenage girl without the dreadful lifestyle I was in.

His arrogance had vexed me continuously, his rude manner and monotone left me on edge as I wanted to punch his face repeatedly until that smirk was gone. I had dreamed ever night of each way I could kill him, slowly and painfully so he would finally sense the pain and destruction he had caused me.

I thought when I finally turned 18 I would try to get my shit together, I wouldn't be this broken and messy person I saw in the mirror. And yet here we were the day after my birthday and the same maladaptive daydreams continued as I pictured what my life would be like if I was normal.

But normal was overrated.

There would be no more Pride & Prejudice romantic bullshit, I will not let my thoughts run wild.

All I needed to think about was how to get rid of Cole and Darkness so I could escape the person I had become. The person they made me become when they took the first and last love I had known.

I was intrigued by this family feud I had stumbled upon, about two girls who had disappeared because their parents were killed. About how Cole was linked to all of this somehow, how his father was blamed and how his mother had cried a thousand tears and a thousand lies. How Ace may or may not be his brother, how I could be this Eva girl and possibly have a sister.But it was not my problem, I no longer cared for the family I never had. All they had done had ruined my life beyond the grave as I had to be on the run for the rest of my life.

I knew my plan was perfection as it had always been before, each precise detail had never caused a problem for me. The only way to finish a job is if you don't care so that's what I had done, any emotion that had surfaced was now locked in a box at the back of my mind.

Our moment in my mind was gone, every care and desperation for his presence had vanished.

As in a weeks time they would all be dead at my hands, and I will be far from this country never to be seen again.