The Room

Chapter 6

Two days ago I was living a normal-ish life, now I'm stuck in a room next to a psychopath who decided to lock all my exits. You'd think living with such a feared gang I'd be secure and safe but trusted me the least in this house, the only time I was allowed out was to smoke but Cole had started getting annoyed by how often I went. Complaining every time about how disgusting my habit was as if he had to stand with me and watch I kill myself slowly. Which for some unknown reason he decided to insult me for any change he got, it was extremely annoying.

My health was not the best but I was still one of the best fighters he had ever seen as he had told me the first cigarette he came out to watch me smoke, ranting the whole time not letting me enjoy a second of the strong toke I took to numb my pain. I became extremely defensive over my bad habits, arguing and complaining about how he didn't know shit and had no right to judge. Then he decided instead of debating my choices, which he had no right to have an opinion on in the first place, he gave me the key to the balcony connected to my room and threatened if I tried to escape I'd be shot before I could even jump. In any other case I'd kill him instantly for threatening me but right now all I wanted to do was to smoke in peace but instead I had a controlling asshole breathing down my neck.

No one had said a word to me since my arrival, it was really starting to get boring. Usually spending time by myself and being completely alone would be God's gift but hyperactivity from mania and absolutely nothing to do to entertain myself was the worst mix, it was like trying to baptize a cat but the cat was bipolar and manic without medication to control the episode.

Hours passed as my paranoia decided to join the train of thoughts, having hitmen after me was a regular thing on heists but living with five very well trained gang members was worrying me. Although they weren't as trained as me they'd be able to kill me in seconds as they had access to gear and had more than enough time to prep. What did I get? Left in a locked room with a bag of clothes and my comfort stuffed animals and my own mind slowly driving me to insanity.

A light knock caught my attention, "its locked dipshit" I call out, annoyed they interrupted my thoughts but extremely grateful arriving before the intrusive thoughts begun. The knob turned aggressively as the idiots entered looking extremely annoyed. My first thought wasn't great this is it I'm going to die but the realisation of the fact I was in a baggy sweatshirt and stockings. Receiving male attention wasn't uncommon, my ego was bigger than the universe yet I was still disappointed by the eyes that traced my silhouette.

Cautiously stepping towards the bed, I wrapped myself in the purple blanket I'd asked Cole to bring me. If I was going to be stuck here I may as well have all my comfort items, including my toothless teddy and octopus plushies.

"She's actually feared by most men in this world." Ethan mocked.

My hatred towards him was unknown at first but it came clear to me that his judging manor made me want to punch him in the face. Never judge a book by its cover asshole. His humour would've amused me if he didn't look possessed. His dark eyes followed my every move like a hawk. If he wasn't scary enough I figured out he was, Death. He had killed more people than I could name from memory, he had just turned twenty-two but nothing about him looked it, clearly forced to grow up at a young age. I could tell he had lost a lot of his child-hood but there was no known facts about his past.

"I could kill you with my teddies, you know." I responded with a calm tone that made them all step back away from me as if I was going to pounce.

"We should be talking in my office." Cole declared to the others not even acknowledging me.

"You're the one that's scared your true love will run away." Ash chuckled but stopped when he read the atmosphere in the room and noticed the glares he received from everyone.