twenty-one

sapnap's third pov

– ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ –

"what do you mean he's gone?" dream asked, confused.

"i mean he's gone. he isn't in our woods anymore," sapnap sighed, sadness evident in his voice.

"it's been how long?" george chimed into his friends' conversation.

"four nights i think?"

the three were sitting in a teamspeak call, having a chill conversation that included sapnap's friends reassuring him about his current situation. the past four nights, sapnap had gone to bed and woke up in their wooded area, alone. his angel was nowhere to be found. sapnap thought that the first time it happened was just him pulling a prank on the texan boy. it had turned bad really quick when there was no laughter emitted from his bad hiding. his angel was gone. the second night, sapnap woke up alone once again. that's when he began to freak out. why was he the only one there now? if one got completely kicked out, then it wouldn't be too long for the other to get kicked as well?

right?

the past four nights for sapnap had been pure torture to the point where he would say personal information to himself in order to wake back up in the real world. whenever he tried to fall back asleep to a dreamless night, he woke back up in the place that used to be his happiness. now that turned into his despair.

"there's no way he could have pulled four all-nighters back to back," dream commented, pulling his friend out of his thoughts.

"that's the thing, i don't think he's pulled any all-nighters," sapnap sighed, catching the curiosity of his friends through the computer.

"what do you mean?"

"his body would be sleeping in the dreamscape if he was still awake in the real world. his body is gone," sapnap explained, leaning forward on his desk to rest his head in his hands.

"then something must be wrong?"

"it couldn't have ended this quick. we promised each other to not abandon the other."

"i don't know how to help you nick," dream sighed. he hated seeing any of his friends upset.

"i'm gonna go."

"maybe you'll see him tonight?" george offered. that right there was false hope.

there was no chance he would be able to see his sweet angel again.

"i got to go record with the mr.beast crew," dream commented and the trio said their goodbyes before splitting up and leaving the call.

sapnap looked at his computer screen before powering it down and got up from his desk. he didn't dare look at his reflection on the monitor because he knew well that he looked like a wreck. dark circles present under his eyes, pale skin, and overall exhaustion that he's accumulated over the past four nights.

"where did you go my angel..?"

"why did you leave me alone?"