three

"so what you're telling me is that there is a mystery man in your dreams?" chris asked, looking at karl. they had just gotten done filming for part of a video and were taking a small break.

"yes, i think i was imagining things though because i have never seen that man," karl explained, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"karl are you really that lonely? to the point where you dreamt a boyfriend up?" chris stated, earning a death glare from his friend. why was karl not surprised with the response that his friend gave him.

ignoring the comment, karl went on to say something before getting interrupted by chandler, who was listening to the conversation.

"from what i hear, karl must have had a lucid dream. you might've seen the man before because your brain can't make up faces. he might have traveled to a different reality on accident when he slept," chandler said confidently as chris stared at him.

"thank you. at least someone believes me."

"then that makes you both crazy."

"it's the first time i have had a dream anywhere near something like this," karl mutters, trying to defend himself. he doesn't know what to make of the dream or the mystery man he met, "i just want to know who he is."

"your brain has to have seen someone like that before, it can't make the faces up. even if you don't know him, you could've passed him out on the streets and your brain just remember him," chandler exclaims, being smarter than anyone else in the room.

"i would have remembered if i saw someone like that," karl says, a bit too quickly as his friends began to tease him.

"karl has a crush on dream boy," chris cooed as karl rolled his eyes, annoyed by his friends.

"i haven't even seen him before! it's no use with you two," karl huffed as he felt his ears get red hot. he tried to keep on defending himself in front of his friends. the stranger in question may have been very attractive, one of god's favorites, and painfully flirty toward the boy.

that definitely did not mean that karl has a crush on the man in question.

but why did he hope that he would return to the woods tonight, hoping the stranger would be there.

– ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ –

karl and his friends decided to go out to dinner together since the second half of filming went on longer than anticipated.

they were currently engaged in a conversation about something chris was planning on doing. it sounded interesting to most of the people at the table. karl wasn't listening to the conversation.

he was in his own little world, completely to the talking going on around him. a world that involved the dream stranger. he had begun to grow nervous about possibly returning to the woods. he was excited, but he didn't want to drift away as quick as he did the night before. the two couldn't stay strangers forever.

he was eating a fry slowly, which caused a hand to fly in front of his face. the boy jumped back in his chair, letting out a soft yelp. he looked up to see the hand's owner, to only see jimmy staring back at him.

"you zoned out on chris, chandler, and i," jimmy commented, seeing karl's face grow red with embarrassment.

"sorry," karl apologized before finishing his food, embarrassment radiating from his body.

– ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ –

the four had walked out of the restaurant into the cool evening. karl shoved his hands into the pockets of the sweatshirt in an attempt to keep himself warm for just a tiny bit longer for the walk to his car.

"i should probably get going, it's pretty late," karl said sheepishly as he looked back at his three friends.

"say hi to the mystery man, dreamer boy," chris joked as karl rolled his eyes. he waved bye to his friends before heading to his car. at least it was warm in there. better than staying in the cold.

– ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ –

fast was an understatement for how long it took for karl to get ready for bed. he speedran everything once he got home. he made sure everything was done before changing into pajama bottoms and a plain t-shirt. he practically flung himself into the sheets and blankets of his bed. he got comfortable and let out a sigh.

though his brain was very much awake and active, it didn't take long for the male to drift off to sleep.