5

"I mean you weren't THAT nice actually. You were still a bitch but like-" "Y/n." "Damn saying names now?" "Isn't that yours?" He says as he puts her back down on the floor. "We're here." "But you always call me by my last name?" He puts his hands on his hips and looks around. "No delinquents up the tower! We can go back down now." "What? We just got here, Lucius!" She opens her eyes wide and puts her hands on her mouth. "Saying names now?" "It happens! It's not that big of a deal!" "Ok, princess. Whatever you say." "Ew, I hate it when you say that." She tries to fight a smile as he gets closer. Looking right into her eyes and pointing to her face, he says "What's that smile for then?", teasing her. "Stop! Don't smirk at me like that! Don't make this weird!" "How am I making this weird? Oh. Do I make you nervous, princess?" "Shut up." She says with a deadpan face. He puts his hands up. "Okay. Okay. I'm sorry." He says, extending his hand to illustrate peace. She shakes his hand while rolling her eyes so hard, she arches her whole back and neck. "You're going to break your neck like that, babe." She raises her eyebrows at him. "What? You said you didn't like "princess". What am I supposed to call you, then?" "Ugh, call me what you want, as if what I said would change anything."

She starts heading back to the stairs when he suddenly stops her. "What are you doing?" "Um, going down? Like you said?" "It was a joke, Love. I was joking." "How would I know?!? You always have the same freaking tone!" "It's because my sad, rich and mysterious character needs it." "I mean... at least you're self-aware?" He chuckles at her remark. "Oh?! I had no idea it could do that! It smiles?! It has fun?!" "Shut up, I smile all the time." "You don't. It's part of your charm as a sad, rich and mysterious boy. It's like a chase for your true self. Oh. Oh? OH! YOU'RE LETTING ME IN!!" "What?" He chuckles. "HAHA! MYSTERIOUS SAD BOY IS LETTING ME IN! I'M BREAKING YOUR WALLS!" She jumps around and points at him, so excited that she misses an even bigger smile on his face. "I'll throw you off the tower." He interrupts her fun. "You wouldn't. You love me too much." She teased him back. "How did we get here?" "We went up the stairs." "How did this" motioning to the both of them "Became more than absolute hatred?" "Umm... Good question. Don't tell anyone, but I've never really hated you..." She whispers. "Um? Sorry could you said that louder? I didn't hear a thing." "I NEVER HATED YOUR DUMB ASS!!! I was just friends with someone who did." "I knew it! I always thought you were pretty funny, to be honest. You're way too good for that dick." "Merlin's goddamn beard, Malfoy, if you want to fuck, just say so." She says jokingly. "Don't flatter yourself too much, Darling."

They talked all night until the sun peeked through. Y/n laughed so hard, she cried. Lucius smiled, multiple times, actually. They had fun. They really did. The stars were bright and their friendship, promising. That night was the start of something truly beautiful. That night was the night they were freed of absolutely everything that held them back from being themselves.

"I'll be honest, I had a lot of fun. Don't tell anyone though. I have a reputation." "Yes, of course, my lord, I would never reveal your biggest secret." "Thank you very much, my lady, for being so loyal." He says as his rock eats her scissors. "Ugh, why are you so good at this game, Malfoy?" He makes an I-don't-know motion with his shoulders. "You never told me why you were crying that day." Their hands now formed a ball. His on top of hers. They didn't move it. "You never asked." She puts her free hand on top of theirs. "I'm a gentleman, I didn't want to be intrusive." "It's okay." She plays with his fingers. "James Potter is a dick and that's all you need to know." Never looking into his eyes. "It's not important anymore." Y/n finally looks up at him and smiles. "Took you a while to notice but you finally got there." He says and she rolls her eyes for the hundredth time. "We should get going, princess. People are going to wake up soon." He gets up and takes her hand to help her do the same.