3

His messy dark hair in between her fingers, Y/n didn't know why it hurt her so bad. She should be happy for her best friend. Why would she even feel that way? It's not like she was in love with James or anything. So she made a joke. "Ew! Get a room, losers." But when they turned around what she saw was even worse than what she had previously imagined. That boy wasn't James. That messy hair didn't belong in Gryffindor. That green tie belonged to Severus Snape. "Oh. OH! MERLIN, WHAT THE FUCK?" She screamed in confusion and relief. "Oh wow. This is worlderfull, I thought it was James. Ha. Wait-"

"No. Y/n. You can't tell him-" Lily tried to defend herself.

"Lily flower! This is so low of you... Honestly I feel kinda bad now. I know I'm laughing, so it doesn't seem genuine, but yeah... I'm gonna have to tell him, I'm sorry, it's the bro code."

"L/n, you don't know what you're getting into..."

"Snape, you're absolutely right, I don't." She said, imitating his deep and serious voice. "Look people, I gotta go, but see you around!"

"Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck-" She kept on whispering as she walked, very fast, very very fast, the fastest she could, to the griffindor room. As she desperately tried to remember the way she took, while a million thoughts went through her head, she bumped into Sirius . "Are you ok?" He asked, seeing how out of breath she was. "Yes. I'm fine. I just have to fix a few things with... our best friend." She said with a forced smile. He hugged her as hard as he could and whispered a small "Thank you" in her ear.

When they both got in the common room, what they saw was another surprise. Lily's arm around his waist as they kissed on the sofa in front of the fireplace. "Oh. So she's just fucking everybody?" "What?" "What, what? I didn't say anything, Padfoot." They look at eachother worried, but he throws her a thumbs up telling her she can do it. So she did. She takes a deep breath and slowly walks up to the couple.

"Hum hum..." She tried to grab their attention. "Hum hUM!" She looked at Remus and Peter who seemed disgusted to be there. They both make a hand gesture to tell her to tap his shoulder then imitate the couple kissing and themselves vomiting at the thought. That playfulness gave her the confidence to tap James' shoulder.

"Oh, look guys! Look who decided to talk to me!" He said laughing, not realising his lip corner was full of lipstick. "So, what exactly takes you here darling?" "I want to talk to you, Potter." "About?" "Something." "Something?" He repeats. "Something private." "Ok." He tries to stand while Lily whines and tries to hold him back. He only laughs and pecks her on the forehead.

He follows Y/n outside and they first start to walk in silence for a while.. At some point they both look at eachother at the same time and she laughs. "What?" James asks laughing too. "You have lipstick all over..." He tries to wipe it, but only spreads it more. "No, not like that, like that." She shows on herself. "Can you please do it, I'm really dumb." "Yeah you are but I'm not gonna do that." "Please, I'm guessing you want to have a serious conversation, and I can't be serious looking like that." "Very true... Ok" She takes his face in her hands and tries to wipe, but there's still some. He notices and takes her hand, she looks at him confused but he simply ignores it and licks the finger she was using. "Ew Jaaaaaaaaames!!" "WhAT!??! You needed that and I don't want yours on my face, sweetie." "Here. You're all clean, you disgusting boy." "Thank you very much, Miss." He acts as if he had a hat, and took it off to greet her. "You're very welcome, Sir." She does the same, but bows down with her imaginary skirt "So... What did you want to talk about?" He broke the small silence "You seem really happy..." She looks up at him "It's because I am..." "And I don't want to change that... but there's something you need to know..." They stop in the middle of the hallway. "Lily-" "Ok, what about Lily?" " She... She kissed someone else" "Ok, who then?" "Snape...?" "Snape? Like Severus? Severus Snape?" "Yeah, I'm sorry." "No you're not." He says, with an angry laugh. "Excuse me?" She asks, confused. "You're not. You're not sorry. You made all that shit up." "I saw them!" "You're just jealous Y/n!" "WhAT?!?" "YOUR JEALOUS. All of this! It's all because you're jealous. You like me and that's fine but you're destroying our friendship for a silly little crush!" He yells. "First of all, don't you EVER raise your voice on me like that. Second of all, who the fuck do you think you are? I don't like you like that. I love you. I do, because you're supposed to be my best friend and best friends tell eachother shit. They tell the truth. Even if it's hard. So don't you assume you know things. I'm trying to protect you. That girl-" "That girl is my girlfriend. If you like it or not Y/n, so stop trying to get in between us." "Are you being serious right now?" She said, her eyes wetter than ever. "If you can't respect that-" "The fact that she's a liar?" "If you can't respect that... we can't be friends anymore..." She blinks and a tear runs down her cheek. "I really hope you're joking." "I'm not." "I hate you James." "I know."