9

"There's absolutely no way I'll be doing that Ma'am, I'm sorry, but I simply cannot." Y/n says, trying to keep her cool.

"Professor McGonagall, my favourite teacher, the most beautiful and intelligent faculty member Hogwarts has ever-"

She stops his clownerie with a hit on the head with a book that was left behind, probably by a distracted student. The woman quickly opens it out of habit and reads the name "Sirius Black".

"Please get to the point, Mister Potter."

"You know me! I'm a great student! I can't just be tutored by the one I'm used to tutoring"

The girl laughed before muttering under her breath. "Well the student has become the master. Deal with it."

But gets her ego blown just as fast as McGonagall hits her with the exact same book.

"Ok then. Both of you." She points to the pair. "Detention."

"WHAT?!?" they scream again in unison.

"You can't just put me in detention for not wanting to tutor this DICKHEAD!"

"No, but now I can for your distasteful choice of language." The boy openly laughs at her face. "Don't worry James, you'll meet her there as well for provoking her outburst."

The shock he felt left his mouth open which led Y/n to closing it herself.

"Put that chin up, babe. Your breath stinks." She said with the fakest smile.

"You are going to have to deal with your issues sooner or later... You know that right?" There's a silence and both look down at the floor as if their shoes were suddenly the most interesting thing in the room. "Alright. Go on then and give this to Mister Black. I'll see you here, Friday after class."

"Oh?! 'Cause it's on a FRIDAY!?!!"

"Shut up, James! Don't make this worse than it already is." The young woman can't seem to hide the annoyance behind her tone.

They both leave the class, getting stuck in the door and pushing each other to see who'll get out first. James finally manages to put the girl in the air by taking her by the armpits and turning, leaving her right behind the door as he walks away.

Y/n chases after him, not exactly knowing why, but mostly out of frustration from the boy's attitude. "Oh c'mon, Potter! What is this? The silent treatment or something? I don't know if you remember, but YOU were the one who decided to put an end to this friendship! AND! You're the one who put us in this trouble!"

The boy turns around, practically bumping into her. His jaw clenched, he just looked at her, fire behind his hazel eyes. Finally opening his mouth to say something, he simply puts his tongue to his cheek and bite it, letting out a fake laugh, joined by an eye roll as he turns his back to her for the millionth time.

"See you in detention, Rainbow." His words put tears in her eyes, but she wipes them before even giving them the chance to fall. Rainbow. The color of the tie she usually wears. The color of her school uniform. Rainbow. Everything she represents. A beautiful mix of things. But never fully belonging anywhere. Rainbow. His stupid nickname for her. "Rainbow" she lets out a laughed whisper as she clumsily takes off her green tie, stuffing it in her pocket, looking back at the classroom door, where a cat stood. She rolls her eyes and walks past it, now on her way to her dorm.

"Oh don't worry about a boy like him, Y/n. He's just probably madly in love with you and can't wait to spend a whole afternoon with you." One of her roommates said. "Yeah, totally. He's probably hard thinking about this whole situation." Adds the other. "Ewww!!! Stop, you guys are disgusting!" They all laugh.

"Honestly, he's probably just jealous you're fucking Lucius Malfoy in the down low." "I"M NOT FUCKING LUCIUS!!!" "Yeah well you should. That's really your loss, darling. He's hot." Y/n hides her face down on her pillow as the other girls laugh.

"If you won't, I will." Another whispers and the rest can't contain their giggles. "Okay, okay. That's enough." Y/n laughs.

...

Please remember to vote and to give me feedback! I love to hear your thoughts about the storyline, and your constructive criticism on my writing.