E i g h t

•Mangoes•

I wore a black crop top, silk maroon shorts and black socks.

I wanted to go on a walk, but decided against it. So I did the only thing I hadn't done so far....call Xander.

Picking up my phone, I dialed his number and waited for him to pick up.

The first call didn't go through, and neither did the second.

Deciding to call one last time before I gave up, I muttered "Better pick up you big monkey"

I tried to joke but I was kind of worried. He doesn't leave his phone for that long. It's not natural.

On the 5th ring, the line connected.

"He-" I started but was cut off by a loud noise- more like screech.

I was waiting to hear anymore but I didn't. Suddenly, a girl started moaning on the call. If you could even call it that.

What the actual fuck?

"Xander?" I called out. Needing him to reply and tell me that he was just watching porn or something and that whatever my brain had thought of was not true.

But that didn't happen. Instead the girl kept moaning. It sounded so forced and if I wasn't so concerned, I would've laughed.

Tired of hearing some random stranger moaning on my husbands phone, I picked up my phone from the table, put it off loud speaker and was about to end it.

"What the fuck are you doing with my phone?"

That was the last thing I heard before I ended the call.

I didn't really know how I felt. Considering those last words that clearly came from his mouth.

I'd like to believe that his psycho secretary did this to spite me. But there's a huge possibility that he just said that to throw me off.

•~•

I genuinely hate overthinking.

It's been 2 hours since that phone call, and with each passing minute, my assumptions get worse and worse.

At first I thought maybe he impregnated someone and didn't tell me.

But then I realized that he probably killed someone and didn't tell me.

Or better yet, he's leaving me for his secretary.

"Fucking hell" I said out loud.

I hate overthinking in general but I especially hate when I'm overthinking about a man.

The possibilities were always endless when it came to their gender.

At some point in time I decided to stress eat, so I stood up to order pizza, and some snacks.

When they arrived, I sat down in our living room and tried to pick a movie triology to watch. I finalized on John wick, and that was how I was when Xander walked in.

Except now it was 7pm, I was on my second John wick movie, and I was half way through all the goodies I ordered.

"Hey my love" Xander said, coming to kiss my lips. I turned my head away and pretended that I needed to stuff my mouth at that particular time.

He didn't talk about it, he just reluctantly pecked my cheek.

"How was your day?" He started, trying to make conversation.