N i n e

decided to try writing in third person in this chapter and a pov from Xander. bare with me.

"Work is extremely boring today" Tamara thought out loud. She had been at work for only 5 hours but she was already bored.

Signing papers and Attending meetings is not the best thing ever.

Sighing, she stood up from her office chair and stretched her body. Taking off her reading glasses, she placed them in their case and put them inside her drawer.

"Might as well scare some employees." She thought. Taking off her slippers and putting on her high heels, she grabbed a clipboard and left her office.

'Where should I start?' She wondered.

She concluded on the reception and headed there. Taking her usual place behind the long counter- like table. She told an employee to take a break while she took their spot.

The first 10 minutes of standing there was boring, all she did was tell people where the toilet was or how much a room was. She wanted to see something fun.

As if on command, Xander walked into the hotel. She smiled upon seeing him, but her smile quickly dropped when she saw a woman walking directly behind him.

She was pretty, if Tamara was being honest with herself. She had Ivorian skin,  straightened black hair and green eyes. She truly was a masterpiece.

Tamara would've probably complimented her if the circumstance was different.

Xander's Pov.

Xander spotted his wife behind the counter and approached her. Today was probably one of those days, he thought.

"Hi bambina" he said, he wanted to step forward to give her a quick kiss but she took a step back.

Xander was shocked and slightly embarrassed but he didn't say anything because they were in public. I'll ask her about that later.

He was cut out of mental notes when Tamara suddenly spoke up.

"Good day and welcome to Tamara's Little Haven, how may I help you today?"

Why does she should so serious? He thought. Had he offended her?

"Thank you Bambina, can I have a table for two?" He asked, with the softest tone he could possibly utter. He didn't want to make her even more angry than she already was. Even though he didn't know why she was angry.

He noticed how her smile didn't even reach her cheeks. It was a tight lipped one. Or rather, a 'professional' one.

"Sure thing!" She replied cheerfully. Xander was about to reply with a thank you but his business associate beat him to it.

"Can I also book a room? Preferably a suite." She said.

Confused, Xander turned to look at her. Is she serious right now? Instead she just winked at him and interlocked her arm with his.

Tamara's pov.

The second her hand locked with his, Tamara was ready to burst. She couldn't tell which emotion she felt more. Anger or jealousy.