T e n

I think it's already pretty obvious but Tamara is an emotional person & battles a lot w overthinking/anxiety. But that'll all be explained later on. But before you judge any of my characters, try and understand that they're not perfect, and if they were- this story would be boring and character development wouldn't be needed. (which is lame)

thank you for listening & sorry about that all the author notes🤍.

•~•

"Are you okay Neoñata?" Xander questioned her. His head was slightly raised from her neck, now he was leaning on her shoulder.

Tamara was tired. Too tired to say all the things she wanted to say. Her anger was gone and now all she felt was sadness. She wanted to cry.

Cry because her husband cheated on her, and is here acting like nothing ever happened.

Cry because she had never even thought about cheating on him.

Cry because her marriage was breaking, and she'd have to accept that fact sooner or later. Accept that her husband doesn't want her anymore.

"Let's get a divorce" she whispered. Xander thought his ears were fooling him and he laughed a little. "Divorce?" He asked again when he had finished laughing.

"Yes." She replied curtly. "I'm tired Alexander, it seems like no matter what we do, something always happens and- and what if we're not...meant to be...." She ended.

By now Xander was no longer finding this situation amusing. He knew that the 5'9 woman in front of him was anything but joking.

"Why? Why would you suddenly bring divorce up? We were literally fine some hours ago." He stated agitatedly.

"We were fine Xander. Perfectly fine. Until you decided to bring another woman into my hotel, and book a suite with her. Really? my hotel?" She said, her voice breaking. "Is that how little you respect me? Not only do you cheat, but you cheat in MY hotel? I love you Xander, I really do. But this? This is too much, even for me. So yes, let's get a divorce." She ended.

"We're not getting a fucking divorce Tamara" he stated, his voice a lot firmer than before. "Don't shout at me Alexander, I'm not a fucking child!" She replied immediately with the same tone.

"Then stop acting like one and listen to what I have to say Goddamnit." He said. "Listen? You want me to listen? All I ever do is listen and all you ever do is spout rubbish lies. Do you think I'm a fool Alexander?! Do you think I'm dumb?" She shouted- or more like screamed in his face.

"I don't show my anger because I don't want to be labeled as the angry black woman, but you know what? Fuck that. Fuck those stereotypes, fuck this and fuck you because I'm going to say what I have to fucking say." She stated.

"You bash me and spank me for leaving my ring at home but here you are with another woman, parading around MY property. Not only that, but you don't even have your ring on. You're full of bullshit Alexander and I'm tired. I don't even care about whatever fucking excuse you've come up with now. I want a divorce, and I want it right now."

Xander put his hands on her shoulder "Bambina, can you just listen to me?" He pleaded in a soft voice. "Fuck listening and fuck you. Get your hands of me." She replied.

Tamara picked up her bag and got ready to leave her office when Xander suddenly shouted.

"SHE'S A BUSINESS ASSOCIATE FOR FUCKS SAKE." He said.

"WELL THAT'S JUST GREAT. A TWO-IN ONE COMBO. SHE GIVES YOU MONEY AND OPENS HER LEGS FOR YOU. HAVE FUN ALEXANDER." She shouted, and wasted no time in leaving.

•~•

Tamara was back at home and contemplating what she wanted to do. Getting a divorce was a stretch, she'll admit. But she's tired of Xander being a hypocrite.

He gave her so much shit about not wearing her ring, but all this time he never wears his?

She couldn't afford to leave their house right now. Well she could afford it financially, but it would be so much work to pack all her stuff up, plus if she's leaving- she wants to plan it all out instead of staying at some hotel.

"That's decided then" she said out loud. I'll stay here for 2 weeks and then leave once I've found a good apartment or house.

a/n: should I switch back to first person?