T w o

"It seems like with every word we say, you're slowly fading away"

T a m a r a

There he was, sitting on my chair, with all his glory. His curly black hair is somewhat tamed today, but it looks as if he's run his hands through it a few times. His pink lips are in a straight line and his light brown eyes look ready to kill.

His legs are crossed on my table, and his hands are resting on his stomach as he looks at me.

If he was a cartoon character, he'd probably have smoke coming out of his ears. He's angry? Why is he angry?

Fuck. I forgot how hot he looks when he's angry. Unconsciously, I shut my legs together.

I was about to talk but he beat me to it. Reaching into his pocket, he brings out my rose gold wedding ring. Throwing it onto my office table.

"Forgot something?" His deep voice resounded. He almost scared me.

But to be honest, I just missed seeing his face. My lust for him overpowered my fear by a little.

"Uhm, I left it at home by mistake. I was rushing to work because I was late and when I realized I wasn't wearing it, I was already on my way to the hotel." I said. My voice coming out tinier than it normally is.

I guess my fear overpowers my lust after all.

"Oh? That's what you're going for?" He replied sounding even more angry than before.

I know I left my ring, but why is he this angry. Did I do anything wrong? I don't think I did.

"What do you mean 'is that what I'm going for?' That's what happened bubba" I replied.

His features softened a little at my nickname for him but then he went back to being cold.

"You didn't leave it at home by 'accident' Tamara. You left it at home so you could flirt with people"

First name? Oh he's mad mad.

Wait, Flirt? With who? Oh shit, Hotel boy. How did he even see that? Fuck.

This is what I get for being considerate. I should've just told him no like I always tell the others.

Great job Tamara.

"Babe, if this is about that hotel boy, he was an act of kindness. He looked sad, like a cute puppy, and I didn't want to be mean and say no, and I know I should've said no, or told him that I'm married and I'm sorry Xee. I just didn't think I had to, I was planning on ignoring him either way."

Ugh now I'm rambling. I just look more suspicious.

He stared at me for a while before finally speaking up.

"You know what I think?" He asked. Shaking my head negatively, he continued.

"I think that, you've been avoiding me. We haven't had sex in months or even a normal conversation. And when I finally find a way to clear up my schedule just for you, to surprise you. Do you know what I see?"