Chapter Three:

Ian's pov
___________________

"Ginger.. You're allowed out.. Make sure not to punch anymore security guards." The fat guard who opened the door, sneered at him. He was put into a white room, covered in cushions. He was left in there for 3 days because he stopped a 'security guard' from raping a girl.

He has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. He had been taking meds regularly and going to a therapist. He could actually think clearly. He was feeling so much better. He never felt so.. Okay since before he went into the army.

Ian made his way back to his room. He sits down on his bed and watched as the guard leave. He yawns a little and stretched. He opened his drawer and picked up the picture in there. He sighs as he looked at Mickey. He had snapped this picture when Mickey caught him; his eyebrows tilted up, blue eyes bright, smile on his face, red cheeks and nose. He had been laughing at Mandy because she flipped and fell in the ice. That was in winter. He was all bundled up as well. He had to print it out because Mickey looked so amazing. He wanted to see that forever.

He quickly put the picture back into the drawer when he heard someone knock.
"Come in." He called. He knew it wasn't a guard because they would have just walked in.
He smiles when he sees the girl he saves, Marie, walk in. They had become friends over the few months he's been here. He smiles at her. She was a beautiful young girl, Mandy's age. She had brown, short hair, green eyes and a small build. She was here for anorexia. She smiles back at him.
"Thanks Ian... I hate that they threw you into the pig pen though.." The pig pen was what they called the white room for those who misbehaved.
Ian shook his head." Fuck that. It was worth it. He's lucky I didn't kill him."
Marie gave him a small smile before sitting down.
"You're so much better then you were when you first got in... Look at you.. You're not a dick anymore, you bulked up-"
"That a way of saying I'm fat?" He interrupted.
Marie snorted a little and giggles into her hand. He chuckles along. It was true though. He started to train in the work out gym like he did back in ROTC training. He was looking good. He was actually eating. He didn't smoke because he couldn't and he didn't drink because it messed with his meds and he couldn't anyway.
He wanted to get better... For himself.. And Mickey. Marie was the only one who knows about him.
Ian's head was on straight(har har) and he hoped Mickey would take him back. He hated himself for what he did.
He was going to be released soon. He didn't know when but he knew it was soon.
Ian chuckled and bumped his forehead to her bony shoulder gently.
"You're getting better too." He said softly. Marie reminded Ian of Debbie and Mandy... He wanted to protect her.
Marie just smiled sadly before leaving. He plopped down, laying on the bed. He shook his head and puts his hands on his face... Fuck he missed Mickey.
______________
*later*
"Gallagher! Got a visiter!!"
Ian stands up and takes his tray of mostly eaten food and dumps it. He follows to guard to the visiting stations and smiles when he sees Fiona. He was so shocked to see Mandy.
Ian ran to them, despite the guard and hugged Mandy hard.
"I missed you! Fuck, how'd you get away?" Ian asked, pulling away.
"Lip got me... He told me he loves me.."
"Wow..."
They sit and talk for a while until...
"How long have you been back?" Ian asked, taking a sip of his water.
"About a week. It took forever to get a request to visit you."
"Mostly my fault.. Got in some trouble.."
"Mickey was surprised as you wer...." Mandy's sentience led off when she saw the look on Ian's face.
"H-how is he...?"
"Wait.. What happened.. Aren't you two okay?"
"No..." Ian sighed." I fucked up... I made a porno with some guy for money... I hurt Mickey really bad..."
Mandy turned to Fiona.
"Hey.. When he's over at your house.. Does he ever get sick?" She asked, out of the blue.
Fiona nodded." Yeah.. This morning he was over with Lip and went running to the bathroom."
Mandy nodded." That's the same at home. He's always getting sick.. He's grumpier too.. Like an old lady."
Fiona and Mandy burst out laughing.
Ian froze, listening to them." Mickey's sick?"
Fiona stopped laughing and bit her lip." Probably just a stomach bug." She told him.
Ian took a deep breath." I'm getting out soon.. Keep an eye on him?"
They both nod." He asks about you.. Ya know?" Fiona said, looking up from her water before she took a sip.
"L-like?"
"He asks how you're doing.. Checks up on you like daily."
Ian nodded and sighs." Hopefully he'll forgive me.."
"It wasn't your fault, Ian." Fiona said, reaching across the table to put her hand over Ian's.
He just shook his head.