Chapter 3: I can't be free

I laid in the nice snow, I found out it was called snow! How cool is it!? Other people were here, they didn't look like me... am I me? I dunno! I was to happy to question my own existence at the moment! I laughed as I rolled down a hill of snow, tucking my arms close to my ribs to go faster and safer. I laughed and stretched as I stopped, laying on the snow like a bed.

I opened my eyes as I felt something by me, looking up at the figure and jumping up out of surprise. I frantically looked up at the person and scooted back. I don't know why I was so scared, it was just.... so strange. I blinked a few times before looking at them, I couldn't see anything well but I could make out some features. "Well hello there fella, what are you doing out here all alone?" They asked.

"I-i DoN't... I jUsT gOt He-Re SoMe HoW." I told them. They steped back a bit as they heard me speak "You need some tea or a lozenge to clear your voice?" They asked with a chuckled at the end. "WhA-a-At'S tHaT?" I asked, standing up. What was a tea and lozenge? "Uh.... never mind. What's your name fellow skeleton?" He asked. Lots and lots of questions!

"SkElEtOn? Is ThAt WhAt Y-y-YoU aRe?", I had no idea what that was, wait what i was? "It's a monster made of bones. That's what you are, right?" He said. Well, if that's what he thought I was then that's what I must be! "YeS. I-i'm ErRoR." I said, pointing to one of the Error signs floating around me.

"Error? That's a strange name. I'm Sans! Sans the skeleton!" He announced, holding hishandout to me. I just stared at his hand, I don't know what he was doing and I'm to scared to touch him. I don't know what to do! He looked at me for a bit before putting his hand away. "Not much of a touched I see. Well it's nice to meet you Error. I haven't seen you round these parts before. Where'd you come from?" He asked.

Where did come from? ..... where did I come from. I don't know where I was,i just know it was white and empty and never let me out till now. "WhItE aNd EmPtY." I said, because that's all I really knew about it. "White and empty? Care to elaborate?" He said, just staring at me. I didn't know anything else and I didn't know we'd hat to do so I just stared back at him. Bot sure where or what I was looking at but I was looking at him.

"You staring into space or something fella? I'd swear you're looking at but beyond me." He said, laughing again. What was with this guy and laughing? "I-i CaN't SeE yOu WeLl." I told him, fiddling with my own hands. He hummed and rustled in his pocket "I think these will help." He said before holding out something red.

I paused, blinking and trying to see what it was, I didn't really trust it. He shook it a little "Go on, they don't bite." He told me. Why would he tell me that, do they really bite and he's lying to me!? I slowly grabbed them and looked at them. "You put them on your face." He instructed. I slowly put them on my face and blinked "Oh. I-it's better." I said, looking around.

I could see way better with these things he gave me! I looked at him, he was like me but a different color. "ThAnK yOu." I told him, smiling. "No problem friend!" He told me, smiling. "F-fRiEnD?" I asked. "Well ya, I'd expect us to be friends after this encounter." He said, chuckling.

I smiled, friend.... then I wasn't alone! I'm not alone anymore. "FrIeNd! ThAnK yOu!" I said, smiling big. "You're pretty cool now, hey can you stay here? I gotta go make a call real quick." He said. I nodded "I-i'Ll WaIt HeRe FrIeNd!" I said happily and watched as he walked off behind some tree's.

I stood and waited for him, I'm so happy I have a friend! I watched as a few small monsters hopped up to me, smiling. I smiled back at them and bent down, I gently put my hand put before. *CRACK* One of the small monsters wereturning to dust in my hand. I looked in horror as well did the others "I-i Di-I-iDn'T-" I stuttered.

I didn't do that! I saw the little animals start to run and my hand move on it's own,going up to my eye before flinging out blue string, cutting all of the little animals in half and dusting them. I gasped and grabbed my hand, trying to pull it back but it wasn't my own to control!

I looked atmyhand closely, seeing a thin red chain around it. I pulled at it but soon my other hand pulled away and I couldn't control it either. No no no no no!!!!!

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I sobbed as the dead dust of other floated around my body. I couldn't control anything, my strings reaching out and to places I couldn't see, screaming and dust filled the air. I tried so hard to stop but I couldn't control any part of my body anymore. I was just forced to stand and cry as my limbs moved without my permission.

"W... what did-" Sans asked as he stepped up to me "Why?" He asked, tears streaming down his face. My friend was hurt! Because of what these chains were making me do! "I-I-I-I-I... I'm NoT dOiNg ThiS! i PrOmIsE!" I shouted, crying. "Then who could do this!?" He asked, moving up. "P-pLeAsE. i'M nOt, I sWeAr." I cried, shaking my head. "Okay, okay, then let's see who is." He said, slowly approaching me.

I nodded,sniffling before my hand quickly moved "N-NO DON'T-!!!!" I tried to scream before I saw him grab his bloodied shirt. "O-oh..... ow. H-how could you?" He said before turning to dust. "NNNOOOOOOOOOO!!! NO NO NO NO NO!!!" I screamed, heavy tears falling down my face as his dust was carried off by the wind. My only friend! I-I thought I wasn't gonna be alone!

But now.... he's gone, I'm alone and even being out of the white empty place I can't be free.

~End of Chapter~