Chap 18: The idol

Ink stared at template who stared right back, flabbergasted was a good word. Ink examined the Error in front of him... but thanks to the earlier chew out by piston ink, he looked closer at the skeleton before jumping at him and his error like features. The error in question had his sweater around his waist, overalls, Dimond shaped eyes, big red glasses, block like "tear streaks" and the most obvious, a giant pen.

Ink sighed heavily and rubbed his face, becoming stressed at another wrong universe. "Wrong place again." He said. He took a yellow vile from his sach and took a small swig, finding it appropriate to show a happy on going persona. But didn't think of the yellows full affect, confidence often brings arrogance. His eyes turning into yellow shapes and a big smile spreading across his face. He jumped up "Well hello there error look alike! I'm ink!" He said, putting his hands on his hipsin a heroic stance. The Error look alike stuttered "U-uh I im..." He couldn't seem to get a word out.

"Are you alright friend?" Ink asked, smiling big. Template looked at him in full shock and uncertainty, what was going on? He blinked a couple times before reminding himself 'Y-youre the guardian of this multiverse! You have to speak up no matter who is it! You have a job!'. "W-welcome! My name is template I'm the guardian of... of this multiverse Mr. Ink." He said.

Ink blinked a couple times in an almost disbelief "You? Error? A guardian?" He asked, laughing a bit. Template nodded "Yes! I've become a guardian just like you! I idolize what you do for your multiverse! It's so amazing to really meet you!" Template said, smiling like a fangirl. Ink laughed more "Yes, nice to meet you as well! Now tell me little error, where's your universes ink?" He hummed. Bending over slightly to match the slightly shorter Errors height.

'The paint made him almost seem sansist, or would it be called racist?' Nightmare thought. "M-my name is template sir! And I'm not sure, I only really seek him out if he's destroyed more worlds and upset the balance." He said. Ink laughed more "An ink, a destroyer? Please, you're clearly confused tamale." Ink said. Templates look started to faulter, "I-its not tamale like the food sir, it's template like a drawing guide. A-aNd it'S trUe!" He said, his voice started to glitch as stress started to overcome him.

Ink laughed a bit more "Oh little one, everyone knows-" Ink was pushed out of the way by Dream. "That it is true! You're very brave for protecting this multiverse and that Ink sounds like trouble!" He said. Template looked at him and sniffled, nodding "Y-eAh... I uh... reAlly w-WorK hard." He said.

Dream smiled at him "We just got ourselves out of a pickle and we sure are glad to see you!" He said. Template smiled back "Really!?" He asked. "Yes! Your being here is a good omen for us!" Dream said, holding Templates hands. Templates mood immediately changed, how cheerful and nice this skeleton was! Just the contact of this skeleton made him feel much better. It made his mood better quickly, to have a nice skeleton after his idol saw him as worthless.

"We are lost, looking for our Error who has ran away. Our world is in danger, and we need help getting to a universe he has to be in." Dream told the black skeleton, holding their hands closely together. "I know ink was rude but we desperately need your help, so many lives are at steak if we don't find our error." He told him. "You... you ReAlly NeeD your Error? You're looking for him?" Template asked. It was rare for universes to care for errors, especially go out looking for them.

Not even Blues go across universes to find their Errors once they run or disappear. "Wow... he must mean a lot. I'll help you." He said. Dream smiled "Oh thank you! Thank you so much!" Dream said, smiling widely. Template nodded "I-I'll take you to my place right now! We'll find a way to get you back." He told Dream, letting go of his hands and turning around "Just FolLow me!"

With that they followed the lead of template, across the universe where am error protected this colorful place. Dream glared at Ink who looked around "What is with you? We find out youre a selfish souless monster and then you insult someone who could help us because they're an Error!?" Dream whispered yelled at Ink. Ink sighed "Look, I was just unprepared. I mean, we live in a universe where I protect he destroys, how was I supposed to know he wasn't lying?" Ink tsked.

"He said it many times! After not giving up saying it when you insulted him makes it pretty obvious!" Dream hissed at him. "God's, why are you so mad about It?" Ink asked. "Because you hurt an error, the reason we're here in the first place." Nightmare said, having listened to their bickering. Ink huffed "Why should I listen to the people who not only helped but are litteraly called the bad guys." Ink asked, crossing his arms and looking away.

Cross growled "Were not as evil as to drive someone to killing themselves you wrench!" He yelled, joing at the ignorant inky skeleton. Nightmare grabbed Cross with a tentacle and set him on the ground. "We'll settle this when we get Error and we're not in peril of not existing." He said calmly. Used to the situation of fights, being the king of negativity and the multiverses most murderous sans's. "My brother is right, we have a job to do. And none of this will matter if we don't get Error back to fix the multiverse." Dream said.

Red just huffed at them as Outer and Classic looked at eachother. What a mess this was, they all just wanted peace from violence and fear.

"So uh... what exactly happened to your Error? Why are you all out here looking for him?" Template asked. Dream glances at Ink who had already spaced off before turning to him. "To be truthful.. we didn't treat him well. He was driven to madness and we just pushed him more. When we finally saw how much he did it was to late. He jumped into the void, but we need him back." Dream said.

Template nodded "Barely any Errors are treated well, so it was clear it steamed from the original." He said. Dream looked away "Oh.. is-... is the abuse of Errors really that bad?" He asked, speeding up the bit to meet his pace. Template nodded "Well, most of us are seen as destroyers, old, glitches in the frame. I thought fate would just replace your Error woth a lost blue like a lot of times. But if you guys are from an original universe she needs him." He said. Dream blinked and shook his head "Wait what? Who?" Dream asked.

Template looked at him as if he asked what 1+1 was "You don't know about-?" But before he could say, a scream in the distance went off. Template jumped and the group stopped in alarm. Looking every way for where that scream can from. Till more sounded off in the distant east of the universe. Template and ink immediately ran to the sound in habit. Dream looked back qt Nightmare who was unsure but slowly ran after them. Cross running a close second behind him.

The rest of the group followed, not wanting to be left behind. But dreaded ahat possible danger could be right infront of them.

~°•End of Chapter•°~

I am deeply sorry for the stalled update, my mother has run off and I'm working to take care of my sister along with going on a trip to my partner. I hope as i get things settled I'll get to wrote more but no promises. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.