- 9.

Chapter 9: La Jolla.

I read his letter and grinned hugely. He was a great friend.

I contemplated on writing him a response, twisting the pen in my hand. I decided to go forward with it.

~

To Tommy!!
when i said we should do what brought us together, i didn't actually think you'd agree. You definitely won't be cancelled now :)

don't you live in nottingham? what's so good about there? i'm sure you'd sooner live anywhere else. it's funny how we both went a dirty nursery in london, funny coincidence right?

the LYRICS. man i love wilbur's music so much, especially la jolla, loosing face and your sister was right. he's such a powerful artist, why would you want him to think that you don't like his music? dumbass

you've started it so i'll do the same. here are some of my favourite lyrics:

"pull it out of park, put it in drive
i can feel your heart beatin' with mine
underneath the stars, lookin' for a sign
glowin' in the dark 'til the sun shines"

it's stargazing by the REALLL pogchamps: the neighbourhood. imagine not listening to them?

here's one more:

"we were too close to the stars,
i never knew somebody like you, somebody
falling just as hard
i'd rather lose somebody than use somebody
maybe it's a blessing in disguise (I sold my soul for you)
i see my reflection in your eyes"

i honestly love them. you should listen if you somehow don't already, you british fuck. let's just hope you don't have british trap on your playlist.

- yours SINCERELY, Valeria !!

PS: tell tubbo i said hello, and for him to call me. just kidding, do tell him i said hello though.

~

Finishing the letter, i stamp it with melted wax and a smile. Any kind of writing was something great.

My phone rang with it's great ringtone. I see my boss calling me.
"SHIT. Oh fuck, fuck" I get my phone and take a deep breath before accepting it.

"Hello? Is this Valerie?" A sickly sweet voice inquires.
"Yes! I'm assuming this is the employer?" You stupid bitch, you literally have her contact saved. I roll my eyes at my own thoughts.
"Yup! I'm here to let you know that you have indeed gotten the job! But we're going to need you here within the next 2 hours, could you do that?"

I bit my lip. I could technically walk there and post my letter too, while i'm at it. "Of course!" I smile and she thanks me hugely. The news that i finally have a job sunk in, the excitement showing from my movements.

It was a job in a new Cafe in town which was gaining ridiculous popularity. Besides literature and art, i had always loved baking and making coffee for others.

With a spring in my step, i post off Tommy's letter and walk ahead for a few. I was early, so i might as well get to know the employees.