- 28.

Chapter 28: Time.

being with you is like
time was never a thing.

-

[3 months later.]

"how're you?"
"better than ever, loverboy." val says cockily, carrying several cardboard boxes.
"hey! let me help you with that!" tommy says sheepishly while already reaching for one of the boxes.

val was glowing; one of her biggest dreams was coming true. she was finally moving out into her own place, to focus more on her career and streaming life in general, something she'd longed for the longest time.

her and tommy carefully carried out boxes filled with every one of her belongings, some even ageing to her childhood.

"look at this box over here!" she shouts excitedly, tommy peering over her shoulder second after. the box in question, was filled to the brim with cut outs, pictures, polaroids...

"is that - a memory box?" he teased her, fully expecting her to tease him back, but that never came.
"of course it is! whenever you're not here and several miles away, i have this box to remind me of you and everyone else!" she muttered with a smile. she shuffled through the photos carefully, the sun reflecting onto the cutouts.

"we have time - maybe we can look through them?" tommy suggested. he was holding a picture of the two of them, taken a few weeks ago.
"you know what? for the first time i agree."

-

the door admitted then with a ding, some faces turning and smiling at them. the cafe was fairly small, with a very homey atmosphere filled with fairy lights, lanterns and poetry books filing any spaces left on the shelves.

2 familiar faces walk up to their table.
"you came!" rosé greeted them both, giving them a quick hug.
"this place looks amazing!" val said in awe, still admiring all the things it had to offer.

rosé blushed profusely, leaning her hand on levi's shoulder. "i'm glad you like it. i wanted it to be more comfortable, it has a really safe feeling if you ask me." levi nods in agreement, giving val and tommy a small smile.

"without further ado, you should pass me your amazing menu, so we can order!" tommy spoke happily, already seated on the soft couches.
"on it!" levi says, jumping out of sight.

"he's a little shy now, that he's got his own place to be." rosé shook her head. "can't say i blame him, though! this place is so small, but we get more customers than you could imagine!" her eyes were filled with excitement.
"i'm so happy for you! so well deserved!" val replied with nothing but positivity.

levi returned with the menu in hand, giving it to tommy who opened it upon receiving it.
"this menu looks great! damn, i could eat the entire thing to be fair."

rosé laughed, taking levi by the arm and leaving them to order.

"i'm glad you brought me here val, it's actually really lovely. a lot more better than both our rooms if i'm completely honest, though it is my fault that i never actually clean it." he laughed.
"OUR rooms? you mean yours. mine is spick and span, there's never even a speck of dirt anywhere." val replied with confidence, raising her brows at the laughing blonde.