The Toothbrush

There was nothing special about the toothbrush. It had been mass-produced in China and bought by Ben S. on a busy Saturday at Walmart three months ago. Ben was thirty years old and quite a hottie, which is why his appearance was important to him and he had to have his own toothbrush at his girlfriend's house. Even though the toothbrush had a blue body and looked like it had been constructed to be used by a man, it is safe to assume that it loved to have a good-looking owner like Ben and not some weirdo with yellow teeth and a lot of plague in his mouth. Besides, Ben had placed it in a holder next to his girlfriend's brushes, and all of them were in great shape and had pink bodies - just like their owner, Ben's girlfriend Melissa X. She was a cute fitness instructor, and they seemed like a match made in heaven.

Never in a thousand years would the toothbrush have thought that Ben would cheat on Melissa, causing her to cry all day and not taking care of herself and her body hygiene. She barely brushed her teeth anymore. Ben's brush did not know why, but she took to using it to brush her teeth if she went to the bathroom at all, which happened every two or three days. This irritated the brushes a lot, and they feared that Melissa had gone crazy.

Since Ben was gone, his brush worried a lot about having been forgotten by his owner. Melissa was behaving so irrationally that it didn't trust her and feared that it could end up in the dustbin along with the rest of the garbage. But Ben returned one day to get the rest of his things from his ex-girlfriend's home. He grabbed the toothbrush so fast that it barely had time to say goodbye to its companions as he literally threw it into a toiletry bag with one swift move and zipped said bag shut. Melissa was screaming at Ben, calling him names because he had apparently cheated on her with her best friend and now she didn't have anyone to turn to.

As it left its former home in a toiletry bag, the brush realised that the relationships between Ben and Melissa was over and hoped Melissa would also come to this conclusion when she discovered that his toothbrush had been removed.

***
Author's Note: Everyone around me is so sad and depressed at the moment - I hope I made you smile!