Copyright

Copyright: © 2020/2021 by JesslinaN. All rights reserved.
No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, without the prior written permission of the author, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. All characters, locations, and events in this story are fictional and a product of the author's imagination unless otherwise stated. None of these literary elements may be copied or used in any other work of fiction without the prior written permission of the author.
Note on the cover: I used the Desygner app to make the cover and used a picture available on the app.

This is a collection of short stories, and many of these short stories were written for contests on Wattpad. If you like the stories that are included in this collection, you may want to check out my other stories, novellas and novels as well...

Sneak Peek: "The Visitor" (Mature)

Ruby Rochester had been a celebrity from the moment she was born 82 years, 9 months, one week and 3 days ago.

Her parents Warren and Julia Rochester were the toast of New York's high society in the 1930s and 1940s, and their only child Ruby was literally fed with a golden spoon from the moment she was born. The family had made their money in the 19th century, and Ruby's late great-grandfather Richard had been a notorious steel baron who had risen from rags to riches only to treat the workers in his steel works dismally. His son Richard junior had tried to save the family's reputation by marrying a senator's daughter and becoming a senator himself before he had eventually taken over his father's company. Since her grandparents had had four children, Ruby's uncle, who was aptly named Richard III, was running the steel works when Ruby was born, and her father was considering a career in politics. He certainly was handsome and charismatic, too much so for his own good.

Tragedy was such a constant in Ruby Rochester's life that the press, who had almost literally followed her everywhere from the moment she had taken her first footsteps, even claimed her family was cursed.

Read more:

https://www.wattpad.com/969965099-the-visitor-wattysshorts2020-the-visitor

Sneak Peek: "The Vampire Girl" (Novella/Mature)

Camilla had no idea how long it had been since she had last eaten. It must have been a few weeks, maybe even months ago. Her memory always got quite fuzzy when she went without food for such a long time.

But at least she was sure she had still been in America when she had had her last meal. She remembered it vividly: It had been a drunken Irishman whom she had met at a drinking establishment in New York City and lured into a dark back alley. She had only decided to feed off him when she had noticed his lewd behaviour towards the ladies present at said establishment. Of course, they hadn't been ladies to begin with, but they had told the Irishman to stop when he had insulted them, using expletives no member of the female sex should ever be forced to hear from a man.

He had probably thought she was with the ladies, perhaps one of their daughters, even though she was only thirteen years old and hadn't looked a day older since the year 1789, which probably made her the eldest thirteen-year-old in the world in 1913.

Read more:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/250502638-the-vampire-girl-winterfest2020

Sneak Peek: "Under the Rain"

The last thing Ι thought Ι would stumble upon when Ι got home on that Friday night was my summer girlfriend. Actually, I'm not a man who has a lover for every season. I just call her my summer girlfriend because we meet only once a year for a week or two on a small Greek island called Gavdos. It's pretty hard to get there because you have to travel to and through Crete first and take a ferry, which is why I hope every year that she won't come.