2. Howl

1995: Howl

A loud cry of pain, fear, anger, amusement or derision

the sound the wind makes when Ollie feels upset

Ollie woke with a kink in her neck, an ache in her spine and her head pounding. Normally one would assume it was because she slept on the couch last night, but she knew it was due to the full moon happening this evening. 

Ollie slipped off the bed, and started the kettle with the wave of her hand as she squeezed her eyes shut. The glare of the rising sun was causing her head to pound. Fang let out a snort of amusement as Ollie staggered to her feet. 

She poured herself a mug, and dumped in a vial just as a knock sounded on the door. Ollie froze, mug halfway to her lips before she sauntered over. She opened the door slowly, Fang appearing at her side instantly to snarl at the red haired boy standing in her doorway. 

"Um..morning." George quirked his eyebrow, taking in her appearance. He dragged his eyes down her body, stopping at her bare legs. She was clad in an over-sized shirt, and a pair of loose shorts. 

"My body temperature goes up round the full moon." Ollie mumbled, not caring to feel the slightest bit embarrassed, she stepped away from the door to allow George entrance. 

He stepped in slowly, eyeing Fang who wouldn't take his eyes off of him. George slowly slipped the door shut, and took in the hut. 

A pillow was propped on the couch, and a blanket thrown over the back of it. The blanket had large holes, and rips all through it as if she had torn it up herself. George only assumed she probably had. 

Her book bag was thrown on the table, and her homework was laid out. A transfiguration assignment that was he was pretty sure was due over a week ago. Her shoes were kicked off near the fireplace, and the scent of black tea filled his nose. 

"Tea?" She asked, turning to face him as she stood by the stove. 

George shoved his hands in his pockets, and only nodded briskly at her before taking a seat at the table. He pushed one of her books away with the point of his finger, before folding his hands on the table. 

"There's not whiskey in this, is there? It's a bit early." George teased, glancing out the window to see the sun peaking over the mountains. Ollie let out a snort, before taking the seat across from him. 

"No, would you like some?" She asked, bringing her tea to her lips. The scent of black tea filled his nose again, and he peered down at his Chamomile. He had been rather hoping he'd get black tea as well. 

"No, thanks. Fred would probably have my head if I showed up to breakfast buzzing." George smiled, bringing his tea to his lips. Surprising himself with how good it was, he couldn't help but to take another long sip. 

"There a reason your here half past six in the morning?" Ollie asked, eyeing him over the lip of her mug. 

"There a reason you stormed out of the common room last night?" George asked, eyeing her slightly before turning to take in Hagrid's hut. He admittedly didn't come here often, and wasn't too shocked to find it not entirely comfortable. It certainly wasn't a place for a Gryffindor student to be living. 

"Wasn't going to stick around so your brothers could insult me." Ollie shrugged, dragging her thumb nail along the handle of her mug. "And I get quite the temper round the full moon." Ollie mumbled, taking a long drag of tea to fill the silence. 

"They're just mad we got kicked from the team." George sighed, sitting straighter so he could circle the rim of his mug with his finger. "They are also frightened of you." George admitted, flicking his gaze up to Ollie, but she was staring out the window.