7. Storm

1995: Storm

a violent disturbance of the atmosphere with strong winds and usually rain, thunder, lightning, or snow

Ollie took a slow bite of her breakfast as she gazed around the Great Hall, trying to figure out when she had missed the Weasley's coming or going. There hadn't been a red head in the common room, and even Harry alongside Hermione were absent. 

It was rather odd, and the stormy clouds above Hogwart's were a fine representation on how Ollie was feeling about it. 

"Looking for a certain red head?" Ollie glanced up from her oatmeal to see Lee taking a seat across from her, a tired smile on his face. 

"Are you?" Ollie shot right back, watching amused as Lee's gaze swept over the Gryffindor table. His face fell at the lack of red haired students. 

"They are at St. Mungo's, their dad was found last night attacked in the ministry. Snake bite I heard, apparently Harry had a dream about it." Lee shrugged deflated, tucking into his oatmeal as suddenly the candles floating above the tables flickered as wind whipped through the cracks of the walls. 

Ollie listened as the walls protested her abuse, and she had to take a deep breath to force the wind out, but it didn't stop the dark clouds from rolling in. Threatening an onslaught of rain. 

"Harry had a dream about it?" Ollie clarified, keeping her gaze pointed at her breakfast. She had heard plenty of Harry's odd dreams, as the walls often whispered about the young boy, but she had never prodded for details. 

"S'what Harry does." Lee sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "Want to study with me in the library? I'm rubbish at Divination." Lee gestured to his overfilled book bag beside him. 

"Only if you'll help with Potions." Ollie responded, and Lee offered a curt nod. 

As the hours ticked by, the dark clouds eventually broke. Pelting Hogwart's with rain, and the forbidden forest swayed with the harsh blows of wind. Ollie attempted to keep her mind clear, and breathing even but every time she so much as calmed down, her mind was fogged with snakes and the library shelves shook with anticipation. 

"Storms." Lee muttered, rubbing at his parchment where the shaking ground had caused his ink to smear. It only got worse so he stopped with a huff, and continued writing. 

"Wretched things." Ollie agreed, bringing her quill back to paper. 

"What was your first transformation like?" Lee suddenly asked, breaking their brief moment of silence. The wind howled for a moment, before receding with a pout. Ollie forced herself to maintain her calmness before answering. 

"Horrid, Hagrid was there though." Ollie shrugged, it felt odd lying to the boy. She thought briefly about telling him the truth, but decided that probably wouldn't do her any good so she shut her mouth instead. 

"You said Hagrid has been raising you since you were four?" Lee pondered, pressing slightly to get what information he could from the mysterious girl. She was rather skilled at keeping herself closed off from the rest of them. 

"Technically a few weeks before my fourth birthday, but yes." Ollie nodded, sticking the end of the quill in her mouth she contemplated before speaking. "He was a family friend." Ollie lied.  

"Can I ask about your parents?" Lee asked, and immediately the wind picked up again. Ollie reached in her mind, slammed a door shut and the wind died down. Lee cast a glance warily out the window before shrugging off the storm and turning back to Ollie.