11-Earthquake

1996: Earthquake

a sudden and violent shaking of the ground, sometimes causing great destruction, as a result of movements within the earth's crust or volcanic action

Ollie landed in a sobbing heap on the living room floor of 12 Grimmauld place, having been shoved through a floo network. It snapped closed behind her, casting the living room in darkness as the flames went out.

"Ollie..oh dear what's happened?" Remus rushed forward, moving to kneel beside her but Ollie scrambled away. Abandoning the file on the floor.

Remus stared down at it in horror. He knew what the file meant. Of course he knew. He had been drilled, and tested on the very file. He knew every word, every order and everything that could possibly go wrong.

"Ollie, I am so sorry." Remus breathed, reaching out to grasp the file.

"I can't..I can't!" Ollie screamed, pounding her fists on the floor.

It sent an earthquake beneath the house. Remus heard the distant sounds of plates falling out of cupboards, books crashing to the floor and Sirius shouting from somewhere upstairs.

"Stupid, stupid!" Ollie screamed, reaching up to grasp her hair in her fists. "I hate him!" Ollie roared, sending a wind tearing through the house. It was a miracle the windows didn't shatter.

"Who? What's happening?" Sirius stumbled into the living room, the wind rocking him around. He had his wand in his hand, which he was using to cast shielding charms every time something shook violently on the walls.

"Voldemort." Ollie seethed, snapping her head over to stare at the two men who stared right back at her. Her eyes glistened for a moment, before squinting to two thin lines. "I'm going to kill him." Ollie whispered, before she launched herself off the floor and hurried towards the stairs.

Remus waited til he heard the distinct sound of a door slamming, before flashing the file at Sirius.

"No." Sirius whispered, shaking his head frantically.

"It's happened." Remus whispered, the file slapped to the floor as he launched himself into Sirius arms.

Sirius staggered, struggling to support their weight before he crashed against a wall. He rubbed his free hand on Remus' back, soothing him with gentle words before sending a small blue light out the window.

"She is too young!"

"She already knows!"

"We couldn't keep it from her."

"She'll get hurt."

"Are we honestly considering this?"

Having grown tired of the locked door, Ollie pressed her hands against the wood until it split in half. Shriveling the spell in thin air, she yanked the door open and stepped into the kitchen.

Molly rounded on her first, gathering her against her chest whispering reassuring words that did little to aid Ollie's coursing anger.

"He knows who I am." Ollie whispered, hugging Molly back tightly. Molly melted in her embrace, and Ollie thought it kind of funny she was consoling a woman who was meant to make her feel better. "It's over now." Ollie pulled away, turning to face the rest of the order.

Charlie shook his head at her, while nearby Sirius and Remus found each other's hands under the table. Arthur gazed at her worriedly, and a few other people that Ollie didn't recognize suddenly exploded into arguments.