4. Tempest

1995: Tempest

A violent windy storm

What Ollie was born to be

Ollie successfully managed to avoid all the Weasley's, Lee and Hermione for little over two weeks. She'd always catch their voices in the corridors, and could change course before they caught sight of her. She took her meals in the kitchens, not that the elves minded one bit but it was rather lonely even with the singing walls.

She kept her head ducked in class, last to arrive and first to leave.

More than once George or Lee would try to a partner up with her in class, but Ollie would always duck out of it and snag some other lonely student, and strike up a decent conversation leaving her back turned to them. It was the only words she ever spoke.

The scarring words eventually faded, aside from one sentence.

Umbridge had tracked her down the following day after the first detention, and reminded her of an additional one she had yet to serve.

This quickly turned to more detentions, til she had one nearly every night. She earned detention for late homework assignments. Being absent from meals. Being absent from her dormitory. Being a monster.

The words, I do not deserve love, were etched onto the same hand that George's sentence, Ollie does not deserve love, had been. It hurt, and the word 'love' was ingrained so deep that Ollie found herself constantly picking at the scabbing. She knew it was making worse, but she also believed in the sentence so she couldn't find herself to care.

Every detention started with a hundred assigned lines, if the rain hit the window wrong or the wind got to loud, a hundred more. Ollie was confident that Umbridge didn't know the truth, but it didn't stop her from pushing. Ollie bit her tongue to keep herself in check, but it was becoming increasingly taxing and she was wearing herself thin.

After having written it so many times, the words were now polished over with a rough scarring, the edges pink with anger. Even a concealment charm did little to hide it. So Ollie kept her head low, hands in her pockets and ears perked.

It was Hermione, unsurprisingly that barged into the hut first, tugging George behind her who was quickly followed by Fred. Ollie looked up from her place at Hagrid's table, and gazed at the three before her. Each with different expressions on their faces.

Hermione looked relieved, as if she had believed Ollie to be dead.

Fred looked ashamed, as if he was at fault for her disappearance.

George looked angry.

"You missed dinner." Hermione plopped a plate down on the table, atop a scribbled on parchment paper before taking a seat.

"Thanks." Ollie said calmly, her eyes flicking to the dishes in the sink from her kitchen meal, but she thought it best she didn't bring up that that was where all her meals were coming from. She didn't need them breaking into the kitchens to bother her.

"Not going to offer tea?" Fred pulled a chair back harsher than intended, bumping into Hermione as he sat himself down in it. "Could use a little buzz if I'm being honest." Fred winked as Ollie stood. Ollie didn't acknowledge him.

George felt his spine stiffen as he realized she was once again clad in shorts, despite it being mid October.

"You can't just bum all of her alcohol, Fred." Hermione scolded quietly, swatting Fred's arm and moving away from him. But he followed with a smirk on his face and a tug on her curls.