3. Gale

1995: Gale

A very strong wind

how Ollie shows her swirling emotions

Ollie woke to the soft sounds of Pomfrey moving around the room, clearly tidying what Ollie had destroyed. Ollie let out a whimper, and at once Pomfrey was hovering over her and casting spell after spell. 

"That was quite the night, miss." Pomfrey whispered, sealing up small cuts down Ollie's arm. 

"I was..angry when I showed up." Ollie managed to say, her throat parched and scratchy from her long night. 

"I heard." Pomfrey whispered, turning Ollie over to start on her other side. 

Ollie long ago stopped being embarrassed when Pomfrey cleaned her up, even when her clothes were ripped to near shreds. It did no good hiding herself, as it only meant she received more scars. Pomfrey worked quickly and quietly, before pushing some new clothes her way. Ollie stood on shaky legs, pulling on the provided sweats and sweatshirt before Pomfrey looped an arm under her, and helped her out of the room. 

"Oh, dear is this yours?" Pomfrey knelt down and scooped up a wrapped package, surprisingly in one piece. Ollie flushed at once, reaching for it but Pomfrey held it out as she studied the wrapping. 

"One of the Weasley boys gave it to me, said it would help." Ollie mumbled, her brain still fuzzy enough she found her tongue moving faster than she would normally allow. 

"I'll carry it then, so it stays safe." Pomfrey whispered, a smile stretching on her lips as she busied herself with helping Ollie down the stairs. 

A short walk later, and Pomfrey was easing her back on some pillows in the infirmary. Before she whisked away to fetch the required potions, she plopped the package on Ollie's lap, and winked. 

Ollie cursed the gods, and ripped it open despite the pain it caused shooting up her arms. 

"Chocolate helps numb pain." Pomfrey murmured, approaching Ollie with the potions as she gazed down at the chocolate bar that Ollie was studying. 

"Chocolate isn't magic." Ollie huffed, setting it aside to down her required potions. She soon found herself slipping off to sleep. Pomfrey moved the chocolate bar, setting it aside with a soft pat and hurried away to grab a few more hours of sleep before the rest of Hogwart's awoke for the day. 

George woke with the sunrise beating on his eyelids, and he sat up startled. Fang huffed in annoyance, before using George as a backboard and hurrying out of the hut. His nose stuck in the air.

George lumbered after him, shocked with himself that he had spent the night on Ollie's couch, but too tired to necessarily care. 

George paused, coming to a stop as he watched Madam Pomfrey guided Ollie across the grounds. Ollie could barely walk, she was dragging her feet and George could see fading cuts on her arms. Her hair was a mess, and she hung her head low as they moved. 

Fang was seated a few feet away from them, watching as if he had been trained to do so. 

George slipped back into his room back in the Gryffindor tower, his body stiff with last nights sleeping arrangements. He kicked his slippers off as he moved towards his bed, he was pulling his covers over his body when Fred's voice broke the silence. 

"I think you are an idiot, George." Fred whispered, and George found himself freezing. 

"Don't be a git." George huffed, tugging his blanket over his shoulder but he didn't turn to face Fred.