seventeen

"Mom,mom,mom." Rennie called out as she poked her mothers shoulder. Trying to get her attention as lily was busy typing away on her computer. What was she typing you may ask? Well that is a question that you should ask lily herself.

"Yes dear?" Lily replied as she looks over at her five year old daughter.

(Five years had passed 😢 this is making me sad 🙃)

"Can we bake cookies? Please, I want to make cookies for dad and grandpa." The little girl asked while giving lily a pleading look.
"You want to make cookies for them? Alright then, let's get to the kitchen." She said as her daughter cheered then running off. Lily saved her documents first before closing her computer and following her daughter to the kitchen.

"Rennie you need to wash your hands first." Her mother states as she placed on her apron.
"Yes ma'am!" She exclaims and going on the stepping stool to wash her hands, her hands barely reaching the tap as she went on her tippy toes.

"YAA IM TOO SHORT!!" Rennie whined and stomping her foot on the stool. Her mother going over to her while laughing to herself.

She held onto Rennie as the little girl washed her hands.

"Mom, why must you and dad be so short? I'm short too." The girl asked as her face went cold when asking that. Her question feeling like a stab to the heart.
"What did you say hmmm?? Are you making fun of my height hah??" Lily question and cupping her daughters cheeks. Rennie only giggling, a sly smile on her face.

[She's one deadly child, you dont want to mess with her 💀]

"Ok now since we're done washing our hands. Let's get started shall we?" Lily said and placed rennie on a chair so that she was able to reach the counter.

...

"Mom could you give me hot sauce?" The little girl asked, alarming her mother as she looked at her confused.
"What do you need hot sauce for"
"I want to make one spicy cookie and give it to dad. Let's prank him and see if he would like it." She replied while flashing her mother an innocent smile.

Lily was quiet for a second. What had she and renjun created 😭😭?! But in all honesty she loved her though, so that is all that matters 🥰

"Ok then. It's been a long time since I've irritated your father. Pranking him sounds like fun." Lily responded and went over to the cupboard to grab the bottle of hot sauce.
"Make sure to not put too much-"
"Oops.." the little girl said and staring blankly at the cookie dough that was tinted the colour red.
"Umm.. right lets just make this cookie a small one. Don't want to make your father mad do we?" Lily said and took the bottle of hot sauce away from her daughters hand.

"Mom do you think that dad will kill us?" Rennie asked, a blank look on her face. Her lips a straight line but her eyes held all her answer and it showed fear.
"Most likely." Lily replied before putting the bottle away.

...

"I think we're done decorating. You should get changed first if you want to go over to grandpa's place today and deliver these cookies." Lily instructed as her daughter nodded her head.

[No they did not make a spicy cookie for lily's dad.]

"Mom do you like the cookie that I decorated. It's a drawing of moomin made out of frosting!" Rennie asked and looking at her mother with a proud grin.
"The drawing of moomin is really pretty. You're quite an artist arent you?" Lily said while patting her head. The little girl chuckling.
"I got it from you and dad. Ok, I'm going to go change now." She said and carefully going down the chair before making her way to her room.