Chapter 05

Chapter 05

Arielle Nelson

After taking a fifteen-minute shower of shaving and washing my hair I was dressed in a nice loose dress that reached right above mid-thigh and a tan cardigan I was ready to do my makeup and hair.

I did my everyday make up because that's the easiest and quickest look I can do. For my hair, I applied some antifreeze spray so my curly hair won't get frizzy and I pinned a small portion of my hair on each side to the back, crossing the small bobby pins over each other. I slipped on some small socks and got my brown ankle boots that finished off to the look.

I texted my mom telling her I will be going to a small gathering and I will try to be back before 11 if not 12. the latest. I pulled out my phone and opened Heather's text and copied and pasted the address to my phone GPS and with that, I was on my way.

☻ ☹

I parked my car near the back of a nearby parking lot leaving me to work all the way over to the actual party that was already packed with cars crowding the street.

"Hey, Arielle," a group of guys chorused together, I gave my million dollar smile and waved to them and made my way inside where the party is being held at. The music wasn't blasting loud enough for anyone to complain but wasn't low enough that no one can dance to. As I walked through the house towards the kitchen I paid attention to everyone I passed by.

The girls dancing

The boys drinking with their friends

The lonely people sitting by themselves on the sofa

They were probably dragged out here by their friends saying it will be fun. As I made my way into the kitchen with stainless steel appliances and white cabinets and white countertops with many different types of drinks on top of it. I grabbed a red solo cup and filled it up with water.

I walked around and kept my eye open and looked for Heather or David through the big open space that was available. I squeezed through the crowd and opened the back door to the patio and walked to the backyard had a playground and I sat down on one of the swings and slowly moved back and forth reminding me when I met him last summer.

June 15th summer in Miami-Florida

"Arielle lets go! The party is already getting started we can't miss out from meeting these Miami boys." Heather shouted from her room across the hall as she got ready.

"I'm almost done I just have to get in my bathing suit and we can leave," I yelled back to her and grabbed my light sky blue swimsuit and quickly changed. I let my loose curly hair down that just passed my shoulders since I had trimmed it a week before leaving. I grabbed my beach bag that held everything from my camera to my beach towel.

"I'm ready Heather, I'll just text David telling him we are coming," I said walking to her room where she had a bright red bikini that against her nice light skin.

"let's go! David is already downstairs waiting for us I was texting him when you were getting ready," She spoke and standing up. I didn't mind her texting David but the way she told me they were texting didn't sound all innocent and that what put me on edge.

But neither of them knew I liked him, so there was nothing I can really do than just sit back or make my move. When we arrived at the beach I smiled at the sight. There was a girl volleyball game in one end and a boy volleyball game in the other end. Others were in the ocean water and some were sitting down having a drink on the private beach. We laid out personal items down on the white pull-down chairs quickly applied sunscreen on my arms but when I came across going to my back I couldn't reach and I ended up asking David which he quickly replied a "yes" and helped me.