Chapter 01

Chapter 01

Arielle Nelson

I don't think anyone could ever criticize more severely than the way I viciously criticize myself.

Ugly

Worthless

Too big

Not pretty enough

Tan complexion

Waste of space

I look more like a zombie than a human being. I turned over to my nightstand table and shut my alarm off. Another day to pretend everything is alright. Faking another smile to everyone I see and face today.

I got up quickly and got ready in some simple loose jeans and a loose hoodie not wanting to wear anything too tight to show my rolls of fat, especially when I sit down, it's like they end up multiplying and I get more.

I started to apply my daily everyday makeup the eyeliner, mascara, lip gloss, and quite the amount of powder to conceal the foundation I applied to cover my zombie's face.

This is what girls do every day and boys always tend to like them, so that's what I have to do, try to get them to like me.

Even if it's just one

"You won't ever get anyone to like you. Why are you trying?" My brain shouted at me.

"Arielle please come downstairs when you're ready," My mom yelled from the kitchen.

After leaving my hair down I  looked at the mirror just focusing on my hair and trying so hard not to look at face my face because then I'll never leave this room, I'll just keep pointing out more things that are wrong with me. I picked up my bag and walked down the hallway and to my left I was greeted by the kitchen.

"I woke up late today sweetie I couldn't do breakfast, here's 10 dollars buy yourself some breakfast before school, it's the most important meal of the day, I love you," My mom said hugging me close.

"Thank you mom, I love you more. I'm going to start heading to school," I told her hugging her and leaving the house to walk to my car. Once I got in I grabbed a water bottle from the pack I always keep behind the passenger seat and reached into the glovebox department and got my ziplock bag with my pills and took one out and placed it on top of my tongue and took a swing of water letting it go down.

"I'm sorry Arielle, your weight is in perfect condition I can't prescribe you any medication when you don't need it." Doctor Jenny said looking at me then my papers shaking her head.

"For your height, you are at a healthy weight only weighing at 145, and you may not see it as a good enough weight but it is." She replied looking at me, this time she nodded her head.

I cringed when she said my weight, sound more like she said 270 then 145.

"ok um thank you I must get going bye," I said rushing out of there and never went back.

I got pulled out of my thoughts when my phone rings, David read the screen I let it ring until it stopped ringing and started pulling out of the driveway and start heading to school.

☻ ☹

"Hey I called you, why didn't you pick up?" David said right when I got out of my car from my parking space.