Chapter 02

Chapter 02

Arielle Nelson

"Why can't you go?" Both Heather and David shout at the same time on three-way. Great now these two will be on my case until I say yes. "I don't want to go, just find someone else both of you have many friends that won't mind going," I told them through the phone and rolled my eyes as I continue to look at the numbers on the scale.

125

Only 125, only 20 pounds down, that's not good enough for me.

"Arielle if you don't go I will promise to tell the whole school your secret," Heather said.

Oh, shit does she know?

"What secret?" I asked slowly. "The one about you peeing on your first date with Max to the fair, you wore white cargo pants and they ended up having the light tinted yellow color on your pants and ending up smelling so bad that he ended up leaving the date early, well more like ran off," She said.

"Hey, you promised me you will never speak of it again especially now on three-way," I said while blood surfaced my cheeks, it was only my first date I got really nervous and drunk a lot of soda, a lot. That was before all of this started happening before everyone started talking. "If you go then nobody will need to know," she said basically blackmailing me.

"Hey, I never knew that," David said jumping back into the conversation.

"I'll go but you're buying me tokens," I told them quickly and hung up.

☻ ☹

"Sweetie dinner is ready," my mom called out from the kitchen. This is the only meal I eat during the 24- hour day since I have to sit at the dinner table with my mom and eat. "Mom, I'll be down in a second," after putting on my sweater I head downstairs. I take two cups from the cabinet and fill one with water and then another one with ice-tea for my mom.

"Sweetie I have some great news," my mom said happily. "What is it, mom?" I said smiling slightly.

Having your mother smile is one of the best things on earth

Her eyes just became so bright and with a smile that can bring anyone's mood up. "We were invited to a wedding on Saturday, and they are missing one more bridesmaid, and Mariana picked you to fill in that missing spot." My mom said.

"You're going to look perfect in that light lavender dress she picked out." I nodded slightly.

A dress on me ha that's hilarious

"It will fit your perfectly, hugging you on the top and loose on the bottom I already told her your size and everything it's all set it will enhance your curves for everyone to see," She rambled on

Mom you're killing me, a dress hugging my fat. I need to be a size 2 or even less.

"Sounds lovely, but not for me mom," I told her getting up while eating my last piece of lettuce. "Why not sweetie?" There goes her smile, replaced with a confused expression.

"I believe I'm busy that day," I told her making up a quick lie on the spot. She squinted her eyes suspiciously at me. "Busy doing what?" She asked. "I'm going to go out, somewhere," I said turning around.

"Oh no, I already promised her you'll do it and you know I don't break promises cancel your plans for Saturday, you're going to the wedding." She said leaving me behind with the dirty dishes.

☻ ☹

"Hey, Arielle over here," Heather and David shouted from the booths at the arcade. I smiled.