Chapter 04

Chapter 04

Arielle Nelson

After last night I don't think I will ever touch another cup of alcohol again, even though it was good with this headache I have right now it is not appreciated. Knowing that my mother left to work I made my way to the kitchen to look for some pain killers. I retrieved a glass cup from the cabinet and poured some water. I placed the two blue pills on my tongue and took a sip of water. I headed back to my room where I got settled back into the covers of my bed where sleep overtook my body again.

☻ ☹

"Hey, Arielle do you want to hang out with me and Heather today?" David asked through my phone.

"No thanks David I'm feeling under the weather today I'll see you guys tomorrow at school have fun, bye." Before he can let out another word I hung up.

I knew it was rude but I was not in the mood to go somewhere with them to have them kiss in front of me, I'm not ready to see that yet. It's been over two hours since I took the pain killers and my headache was almost completely gone. I decided to deal with the pain and got my little mint case from my bag and took one pill out and drank it with my leftover water from earlier today.

As I settled the cup down on my nightstand there was a loud knock on the door since they probably figured out the doorbell didn't work. I kept the blanket wrapped around me and walked to the door where I looked through the peephole. I saw the figure shift a little before I got a good look at his face.

Jake

He knocked again as I opened the door softly and looked at Jake. "Hey Arielle, how are you?" Jake asked smiling widely as he took in my appearance."What are you doing here? It's like 11 in the morning." I told him. "Arielle it's 4 in the afternoon and I brought you food for a late lunch since I had a feeling you haven't eaten yet." He said pointing down to the bag of food.

"Are you going to invite me in?" He asked speaking again. "I just ate a sandwich," I said lying smoothly and opening the door widely so he can enter.

"Again? Don't you get tired of eating that?" He asked looking around trying to figure out where the kitchen is located. "Sometimes but I don't know how to cook much so that's one of my easy choices to go to," I said speaking the truth to the second part I never learned how to cook.

"I can teach you sometime." He offered as he walked into my kitchen. "Um yeah for sure," I said like that's going to happen anytime soon I replied mentally. "Okay, so I brought you some homemade grilled chicken with fry rice and vegetables. I made all of this myself." He spoke proudly. I looked at the food through the clear glass container it did look good but I want to be near my goal not away from it.

"Aren't you going to eat it now I'm sure you ate a while ago and this will taste better than the sandwich you ate." He said. I "smiled" up at him. "Thank you," I said.

"There goes that smile." He said bitterly but I can tell he didn't mean to say that, he played it off. He grabbed a spoon from the bag and opened the containers and settled the spoon in the mixed rice. "Open wide." He said moving the spoon closer mouth.

"I have two hands I can feed myse-" the food was shoved into my mouth.

I saw him look at me with wide eyes. "Chew." He commanded.

The rice tickled my taste bugs it does taste good I'll give him props but my body.

My body

I spit out the food in the sink that was nearby and turned to look at Jake to see him crossing his arms with a raised eyebrow. "What the hell is wrong with you? You can't just go around shoving food into people's mouths. That is wrong." I shouted at him.