One

Three words turned my world upside down. I felt my world crumble around me as I heard his voice say it once again. "We should talk,". The words were repeating themselves in my brain and it was impossible to get them out of my head. I wanted to run away before he could say anything more, because we all knew when someone said "We should talk" it meant trouble. 

The boy with the brown hair and crystal green eyes shook his head at me. "We need to break up," he continued. "W-why Alex?" I choked out. It felt like hell to hear it, to hear those words. "I don't have feelings for you anymore," he explained like it was the easiest thing on earth to do. I couldn't find my voice, couldn't say anything to him. I thought he was the love of my life. 

"Listen Em, it was fun and I loved you but I don't think this is going to work when you move to Sydney," he muttered making me scoff. 

"Get out of my house," I snapped suddenly, feeling the anger take over. He looked at me with shocked eyes. 

"Sure, I'm sorry Em," he sighed making me roll my eyes. 

"Don't call me Em!" I yelled. I just wanted to get away from him, never ever see him again. Well, that was actually what I was going to do though.. 

When he left I completely lost it. I had experienced heart break so many times now. I could feel the tears stream down my face and I felt so sad. I just wanted my love life to be just like my parents'. My parents were the perfect couple, they met in high school, married some years later and got my big brother, Austin and later me. 

Mum and dad were so in love with each other, but when dad died everything fell apart. We were all crushed but it was three years ago so we had built each other up again. We all missed him very much but we knew he wouldn't want us to be sad all the time..  I wanted to have a relationship like mum and dad. I hoped that some day I would. Maybe Alex wasn't the right boy for me? Even though I actually thought we were happy. 

"Em? Oh my god Emily! Are you okay?!" Austin yelled before running over to me. I probably looked like a wreck. Austin was two years older than me. 

"H-he broke up with me," I sobbed into my brother's chest as he wrapped his arms protectively around me. 

"Oh my god that jerk," Austin muttered. 

"Emily, listen to me," Austin began before pulling away a bit. He locked eyes with me, his brown eyes were serious. 

"This is not your fault, it's nothing about you. That jerk has lost the most perfect girl in the world, okay?" Austin said. I couldn't hold away my tears so they continued to stream down my face. 

"H-he told me it was because we were moving tomorrow, but I really thought we would make it you know? That it would be okay with a long distance relationship?" I mumbled. 

"Yeah I know it sucks, but that guy was a jerk if he actually broke up with you! He's not worth your time, okay?" Austin asked. I wiped under my eyes and gave my brother a thankful smile to. He had always been so kind to me. 

"Thanks, Austin, you're the best," I mumbled before hugging him again.

-----------
I woke up by my mum walking into the room. 

"Good morning Emily, today's the big day," mum smiled before wrapping her arms around me. I felt like hell right now, it was so early and I wanted to listen to sad music and eat ice cream all day, but instead I had to sit on an airplane for a whole day! I groaned and laid down in bed again. 

"Why are we moving again?" I asked. Mum just laughed before turning on the light. I flinched a bit because of the brightness. 

"Because I got a better job over there and we'll get more money. I also think it will be good for us to get a fresh start, you know?" mum answered.