twelve

-Luke-

"What the fuck am I doing here?" I groaned, shifting in my seat on the couch. 

"You know why." Ashton snapped, pacing back and forth. Calum and Michael were shaking their heads at me furiously. 

"What? No!" I sighed, pulling my knees to my chest. 

"Can I at least have some alcohol?" I smirked, but I just earned a glare from the others. 

"Fine, please enlighten me to why I'm here." I mumbled, even though I kind of knew. 

It had to be something about Emily. I felt a bit bad for saying some of the things to her, but she had to know that I wasn't planning on falling in love with her. I just liked to kiss here and tease her. I felt something rush inside of me whenever we would kiss or cuddle, but that didn't mean that I was in love with her or liked her in that way..

"You know you hurt her right?" Ashton sighed. 

"I didn't mean to. I mean that's not really my problem." I stated, even though I kind of knew it was. 

Calum groaned and threw a pillow at me.

"Are you fucking serious right now?" Ashton snapped. 

"You just want her for yourself, I mean I know you like her and you're jealous that she actually likes me." I shrugged. I didn't know why they all glared at me for that because it was true.

 "You're a fucking jerk sometimes Luke." Michael snapped. 

"No just forget the sometimes. You're a jerk all the time." Ashton said. 

I narrowed my eyes at Ashton. I was really sick of Ashton's behavour lately. Whenever I just hung out with Emily he would say I didn't deserve her and that I should just stop hurting her. 

"Shut up, Ashton. You know it's true. Do you even know that I make her more happy than you do? Do you know that I am a better kisser than you? You're nothing to her Ashton and she probably just lied to me when she said that about the date!" I yelled, feeling the anger boling inside of me.

Ashton walked over to me, trying to make him bigger than me. I wasn't afraid though, if he wanted to hit me I would sure as hell hit him back. 

Suddenly, Ashton's phone rang and he looked down at it, smirking at me. 

"If you're so sure about the whole thing about Emily liking you better, then why is she calling me?" he asked. 

I wanted to punch him so his smirk faded, but before I even could say anything back to him or punch him he answered the phone. 

"She's just trying to make me jealous!" I yelled after him as Ashton flipped me off.

To be honest, I felt a bit jealous. I didn't know why, but the thought of Ashton and Emily together sickened me. 

"I hope you're happy. She was completely crushed yesterday when she walked out of your house." Calum sighed. 

"I just told her the truth!" I groaned. 

"What did you tell her? She was so hurt and embarrassed that she didn't tell us." Michael mumbled. I bit down on my bottom lip. 

"I just told her that I wasn't going to fall in love with her, that I never liked her like that way and that what we had was just fun. I thought she understood it when I told her I didn't believe in love." I explained slowly. 

"But you knew she liked you and you just gave her that false hope." Calum said, making me feel a bit bad again. 

"Don't," I snapped.