𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝚛𝚎𝚏𝚕𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

Ah, we've came to this

Ah, we've came to this. End of this few months old book. I'll take this opportunity to share my reflection while writing this.

Assistant Manager isn't my first fanfiction. My first fanfiction was (embarrassingly) a BTS one because the Chlo back then was an embarrassing idiot. Yes, I had thrown that fanfic (and many others) into the delete section. You shall never find it again. (I hope-)

It was during online school when I started Haikyuu. The thought of Assistant Manager came to me when I was in the process of completing season 2. I had the thought, but I didn't work on it instantly, fearing that it would end up like my other deleted fanfiction.

But I started it anyway, because online school became a bore and I needed something else other than anime to pass my time.

Unsurprisingly, I had thought of deleting this piece of what I call trash because it is and I know it is. But I didn't because all the comments starting rolling in, telling me this piece wasn't trash in their eyes, to continue. They tell me they're excited for the next chapter and I wanted to cry as I went through them.

So I wrote.

The process isn't smooth, as cliché as it seems. My Tiktok FYP started to fill with what fanfiction readers didn't like to see in a fanfiction. How many times did I check my fanfiction to see if I wrote anything like that? I lost count.

Then comments saying that my book isn't a Y/N fanfiction came. Whew, I had wanted to delete this when I read those.

But The Golden Rule by Lang Leav stopped me.

"If you are criticized for your writing, it means you are creating a work of note."

"Do not alter your writing to appease your critics."

"To be a successful writer, you must ignore the part of you that wants to please everyone."

I am, in fact, a people pleaser. Yes, I do admit. But when it comes to something that I put in more effort than my studies (cough cough), I am very very strict on it. *Nod*

That's why I continued this. And completed this.

It has been a tough, fruitful, beautiful and many other words that I could not put even in writing to describe this experience.

Thank you so much for reading what I call trash.

😲 Updated personal reflection on Instagram @/silent

😲 Updated personal reflection on Instagram @/silent.hyowl