𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

"Azumane-chan, could you pass me that bottle? I need to refill it," Miyanoshita Eri, manager of Ubugawa high, asked

"Yeah sure, " Y/N passed her the said bottle.

"Thank you!"

"Azumane-chan."

Y/N turned and faced Suzumeda, who beckoned her over. The first-year jogged towards her.

"You're really close to Kuroo these days, huh?" She asked with a teasing twinkle in her eye.

Y/N had never thought about that. She just focused on doing her assistant manager duties well and practicing with him.

"We're not that close," she said nonchalantly.

"Hmm?" Suzumeda hummed. "Are you sure? I don't think someone thinks the same way as you." She nodded to her right and Y/N turned in that direction.

Kuroo was looking at her while sipping from a bottle. Their eyes locked and he quickly turned away, his ears turning slightly red.

"See?" Suzumeda nudged Y/N.

Y/N scrunched up her lips and turned away, leaving Suzumeda standing at the same spot, blinking owlishly.

🌹

"I swear, she's isn't interested in me," Kuroo complained as he mopped the gym floor aggressively.

Bokuto gave a loud sigh. "Seriously, Kubro, how many times do you wanna repeat that?"

"I dunno. Maybe once it sinks into your thick head."

Bokuto rolled his eyes. "Maybe she's a kuudere, y'know? Anyways, shouldn't you be worrying about Lev?"

"Lev?"

"Yeah. Isn't he her childhood's friend or something?" Bokuto reminded.

"Shit," Kuroo cursed. Bokuto's eyes widened slightly and Akaashi turned to glare at Kuroo.

"Tsk tsk, you got Aggaashi's glare. Sleep with one eye open." Bokuto waggled his finger in front of Kuroo.

It was Kuroo's turn to roll his eyes. "What are you? A kid? What's wrong with cursing?"

"I'm Aggaashi's kid."

Kuroo "tch!"-ed. He turned on his heel and made his way to the storage room to put away the mop.

"Oh? You're here?" Kuroo blurted out when he saw Y/N in the storage room as well, putting away the nets. She gave him a small smile and nodded.

Kuroo placed the mop beside the others. "Shouldn't someone else keep the nets and you keep the volleyballs?"

Y/N gave him a look. "It's a habit. Back in middle school, us girls had to keep the nets ourselves." Her expression didn't show it, but she's definitely wasn't pleased with his question.

Kuroo Tetsurou, why are you such a dumbass?

"I-I don't mean that way," he stuttered. His ears tinged red. "I mean- Like- You are probably tired from today and you had extra practice with us, so I thought leave the nets to someone else..."

Y/N blinked twice. "It's fine..." She said finally. Kuroo positively shrunk in relief.

"Y/N! Look out!" Lev's warning came from behind them. Y/N and Kuroo turned around to see Lev holding more volleyballs than he could carry in his arms. Before the two of them could shift aside, a shout came from Lev's mouth and he tripped over his untied shoelace.

The volleyballs tumbled from his hands.

"Y/N!" Kuroo snatched at her bicep and tugged her away from the volleyballs raining down on them.

"Lev! You dumbass!" Yaku stomped towards them and started berating him for "biting more than he could chew", that were his exact words.

Ba-dum. Ba-dum. Ba-dum. Ba-dum.

Hey, why's my heart beating so fast?

Kuroo looked down and met a pair of brown eyes looking up at him.