𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚎

Shimizu Kiyoko sat across Takeda Ittetsu , a metal table between them

Shimizu Kiyoko sat across Takeda Ittetsu , a metal table between them. They were in a small room located in the staff room. Takeda sensei had called her in here to speak of an important matter.

"May I know the reason for this meeting, sensei?" Kiyoko asked politely.

"Ah yes, Shimizu. You are well aware that you, Daichi, Sugawara and Azumane are graduating this year, are you not?" Takeda spoke.

Kiyoko nodded.

"Have you considered having an assistant manager?"

Kiyoko blinked in surprise. The thought of having an assistant manager under her wing haven't crossed her mind at all, especially during this year, so she shook her head.

"I'd say it'll be a good idea to have one now, so that there'll be a manager as reliable as you next year." Takeda's eye had a good natured twinkle in them.

"I'm just doing my part as manager, sensei." Kiyoko dipped her head respectfully. "I'll scout the first years for an assistant manager. I think some of them haven't signed up for a club yet."

🌹

"Oh? Shimizu-san?" Hinata Shoyo poked his head out of his classroom. The volleyball club manager turned around at the sound of her name. Hinata walked up to her and tipped his head curiously at the pile of papers in her arms. "What are those?" He asked.

"Flyers." Kiyoko passed him a copy to let him have a look. "I'm recruiting a first year assistant manager."

"I'll help you!" Hinata said brightly. Kiyoko smiled and handed him some flyers, which he gladly took. She thanked him and they went in opposite directions, constantly stopping to ask students if they're interested in the assistant manager position.

Kiyoko sighed as the student she had asked bowed apologetically and hurried off. No one had been interested in the position and break was almost over. She had to find at least one interested student before the next lesson.

"Excuse me."

Kiyoko blinked. A first year student was looking intently at her. "I would like to take up the assistant manager position, please."

The third year brightened up. "Really?"

The first year nodded.

"Thank you," Kiyoko said happily as she passed the first year a flyer. "Could you stop by the gym after school? I need to introduce you to the team and show you the basics of a volleyball manager."

The first year girl nodded again. "I'll see you at the gym." She bowed and returned to the classroom.

" She bowed and returned to the classroom