𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

Kuroo and Daichi exchanged a handshake while Tanaka, Nishinoya and Hinata bounced around, celebrating their win for the practice match

Kuroo and Daichi exchanged a handshake while Tanaka, Nishinoya and Hinata bounced around, celebrating their win for the practice match. Y/N was in deep conversation with Asahi, a bottle in one hand as she took occasional sips from it.

"Say," Kuroo said as he watched her. "That assistant manager of yours is pretty good, huh?"

"Yeah," Daichi agreed. "I heard from Asahi that she used to be in the girls volleyball team back in middle school."

"Oya? Then, why she didn't continue in high school?" Kuroo asked, trying not to sound like he's nosy.

Daichi shrugged. "Asahi won't tell us. Instead, he said that it wasn't his place to tell."

"Ooh? A hidden matter, I see?" Bokuto popped up between the pair.

"What the- Bokuto!" Kuroo glared at him.

"Tsk tsk, no cursing. That's mean. Anyway~ what are you all babbling about the assistant manager?" Bokuto slung his arms around their shoulders. "I've been watching that practice match, and damn isn't she awesome?" He casted a glance at Kuroo, who acted as if Bokuto wasn't there to remind him of their bet again.

"Oh yeah, awesome," Daichi said.

"Right?" Bokuto plowed on. "Athletic and pretty-"

"I don't think her brother will allow you to date her, plus you're taken," Kuroo put in quickly.

Bokuto's lips scrunched up in thought. "Yeah, that's true," he said finally. "Because hey, I'm Akaashisexual."

"Yeah yeah, Akaashisexual," Kuroo said.

🌹

"Y/N."

Y/N turned around. Kuroo was standing behind her, a volleyball in his hand and cheeks slightly red.

"Yeah?" She asked politely.

Kuroo rubbed the back of his neck. "I've asked Yukie... You know, the Fukurodani manager, if you could... Uh... Skip your duty at the kitchen so you could practice with us." He nodded at the volleyball teams and turned back to Y/N, giving her an awkward grin. "Please?"

Y/N blinked. "You want me to practice with you?"

Kuroo nodded. "Because of your play today."

"But... Aren't you all better than me? You all have more experience than me-"

"Why would you think that you're no better than us?" Kuroo tilted his head slightly. "Your skills are definitely better than us. I mean, you beat Nekoma today. Your reflexes are really good, I mean, you immediately reacted to Kenma's dump and not many people could do that when it comes to-"

Y/N let out a huff of amusement, which made Kuroo stop rambling. The redness of his cheeks reddened even more.

Ah... I made her laugh... In a sense.

Y/N raised a teasing brow. "You're just buttering me up, aren't you?"

Kuroo was taken aback. "No- Never- I just spoke the truth- I-"

He paused when he heard a tinkling laugh emit from her mouth and he swore he never heard a sweeter sound than that.

"Alright," Y/N said. "I'll practice with you."