𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

"Kenma," Kuroo said suddenly

"Kenma," Kuroo said suddenly. He was lying on his back staring up at the ceiling. It was currently night and every team had retreated back to their sleeping quarters for a good rest. Most, however, still stayed up. The Nekoma team was an example.

"Mn?" Kenma hummed, not taking his eyes off his video game.

"How do your otome games work?"

Kenma looked up and fixed Kuroo with a stare.

"... Don't look at me like that. But really, how do they work?" Kuroo sat up.

"Taking a leaf out of otome games now, aren't you?" Yaku said with a disapproving tone. "What? You think romance otome games will help you win Karasuno's assistant manager?"

Kuroo's ears flared red. "Who says I want to win her?"

"You keep staring at her during practice. And an hour ago you had her in your arms," Yaku said coolly. "Your ears were extremely red, like now." Kuroo slapped his hands over his ears and glared.

Lev was watching the two interact with their eyes narrowed. "Kuroo-san... You like Y/N?"

"Well obviously. He keeps making puppy eyes at her," Yaku replied for Kuroo.

"I do not!" Kuroo said indignantly. The team laughed, except for Kenma, who had gone back to his game. Lev didn't laugh as well.

"As if," Kai said, grinning cheekily. Kuroo swatted a pillow in his face.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Kai turned to Lev, who was silent and brooding. Lev worried his bottom lip for a bit before shaking his head.

Yaku raised an eyebrow at Lev and turned to Kuroo. "I think you have a competitor for Y/N's heart." Kuroo gave him a questioning stare before turning to Lev.

"Oh..."

🌹

Asahi watched as Y/N did a quiz on an activity book she brought with her, arms folded. The rest of the team looked at the pair of siblings back and forth.

"Y/N," Asahi said finally.

"Hm?" Y/N flipped to the back of the activity book to check her answers.

"You're really close to Kuroo, aren't you?"

Sugawara blinked. "Didn't know you're a direct person, Asahi."

"But really, you're quite close to him." Asahi continued his speech as if Sugawara didn't speak.

"Mn, yep," Y/N agreed absent mindedly as she ticked her answers. She raised her head. "What did you say again?"

Asahi gave a huge sigh.

"Asahi," Daichi said. "Why are you so particular about Y/N's friendship with Kuroo?"

The two siblings side eyed each other, then looked back at Daichi. Asahi spoke.

"Because-"

"You tell them, I'll annihilate you with a volleyball!" Y/N snapped. Asahi stopped talking and shrugged.

Nishinoya raised an eyebrow. "No seriously, why?"

"No." Y/N riffled through the pages of her quiz and stopped at another quiz. "I'm warning you, Asahi."

Asahi shook his head at Nishinoya, who regretfully dropped the subject.