𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

"An extra match with Karasuno?" Kuroo repeated Coach Nekomata's words

He nodded. "Karasuno's coach requested it."

Kuroo frowned and turned to said team. They were standing in a group around their coach. Kuroo's eyebrows knitted together. There was no sign of that first-year assistant manager.

He turned to Lev. "Where's that friend of yours?"

"Hm?" Lev said. "Dunno."

"Y/N! Over here!" Kuroo heard one of Karasuno's team members call. He whipped his head around.

Y/N was jogging towards the Karasuno team, clad in an orange jersey that had the number "12"

Kuroo frowned. It should be a red jersey on her with the number 1- Wait what?

"Hoho, in another dude's jersey, eh?" Bokuto had appeared beside Kuroo.

"Why though?" Kuroo asked. Bokuto shrugged. He blinked owlishly at Kuroo.

"Are you jealous?" he asked bluntly.

"What? No!" Kuroo immediately defended himself.

Bokuto wriggled his eyebrows. "Sure~ Remember, you have a week to make her love you, or you'll have to be the chauffeur to mine and Akaashi's next date."

Kuroo groaned. He hated chauffeuring Bokuto and Akaashi, because the PDA in the car- He couldn't look at Akaashi in the eye for two weeks after the first time he offered to chauffeur them. Plus that car belonged to his old man, and if he took it out without permission again...

"Yamaguchi's jersey managed to fit, huh?" Kuroo heard a Karasuno team member ask. The blond, apparently. He reminded Kuroo of a beanpole, but hey, it's rude to say it out loud.

"Yes," Y/N said. "Thanks, Yamaguchi." She turned to a dark green haired first year, who stuttered his reply of "welcome".

Coach Ukai turned to Coach Nekomata and gave him a small nod.

The match between Nekoma and Karasuno started.

"...Kuroo," Kenma called.

"Hm?"

Kenma pointed to the other side of the court. Kuroo looked in that direction.

"What...?"

Y/N was standing with five other Karasuno volleyball team members on the other side of the court.

🌹

...What is this? Kuroo thought at what supposed to be the millionth time.

The numbers 20 and 11 was shown on the scoreboard, and Nekoma isn't the former.

Kenma set the ball. Kuroo rushed in for a spike.

A single person block met him.

Bang! The ball slammed back into Nekoma's side.

21-11

Y/N landed on her feet. Her eyes locked with Kuroo's. Her hands was still throbbing from slamming the ball into Nekoma's side of the court.

"That...was a really good block," Kuroo said. His throat pinched. This was the closest he had gotten with Y/N during the training camp. A net was between them but he didn't mind.

"Thanks," came the cool answer. Most girls would squeal and stutter when Kuroo spoke to them, but this girl...

"You're different."

Y/N's eyebrows knitted together. "What?"

A whistle blew. Timeout.

The two teams left the court and went to their coaches.