In her arms (Rewritten)

-Unedited-

A/N - Please read the Author's note at the end of this chapter. 

Ivar POV

             Sigurd. That damned bastard brother of mine. Why can he just go through a day to bully me? The anger that was bubbling inside me as he opened that poisonous mouth of his it almost made me explode. However, as he smiled at me with that stupid smile of his I could almost feel the presence of my princess with me. Whispering in my ear to remind me that he was just my brother and compared to me he was nothing. I simmered down a little for me to take the higher ground and leave. Regardless of calming down just a bit emotionally, I wanted to throw my ax straight into that thick skull of his. I knew better than to take the bait that he was dangling in front of me with his old tack ticks which, making fun of legs and lack of sexual experience. Aside from my hatred towards him, my mother would most likely never forgive me for killing him. In addition, to my brothers and my princess. Gilthoniel's opinion of me was as important to me as my mother's. 'I wonder if she would love me the same if I were to kill Sigurd right at this moment. Most likely she would be appalled at my cruel actions' I thought. Sighing deeply, I dragged myself to somewhere I knew was peaceful.

             I had decided to make my way to the rolling green hills that were near our training grounds as well as, the forest. It was the most quietest and peaceful place to just think. In addition, to being outside of the noise of the city. Once I arrived, pulled myself on the only rock that was low enough for me to sit down on. As I closed my eyes the picture-perfect face of Gilthoniel's face and her beautiful voice echoed inside my mind. Her words of encouragement and comfort were like a mantra to me. It was something for me to keep myself calm in times such as these. I thought back to where we almost kissed on the training field. Just remembering that moment my heart still beats as fast as it did back then. No woman made my heartbeat like that until her. Gilthoniel was one kind of woman I had no problem loving. She was truly one of a kind.

          Comparing her to that stupid slave of ours, Margrethe, or rather our former slave would be ludicrous to do so. Margrethe was vile as well as, ambitious in her actions. She knew how to manipulate my brothers with her whorish ways. After, our unfortunate sexual encounter she had succeeded when she started to spread those vile rumors all over the city. She was successful for a moment until Gilthoniel's arrival. Gilthoniel's presence was a blessing from the Gods. She purged my brothers from their stupidity and something most unique. What that was I did not know? But I knew one thing and that was that wicked witch of a woman was leaving. For good.

"You look troubled, Ivar", a voice said from behind me.
I quickly turned around to see it was Gilthoniel was standing there before me. She was like a goddess just standing there before me. My heart just like the time in the training field it began to beat rapidly against my chest. She smiled at me with such purity in her eyes.
"Your awake, my love", I said with glee. It felt so natural to smile at the fact that the woman I love is here before me. And in good health.

She smiled back at me. "Indeed I am. I guess the Valar had decided that today was the right time for me to wake up. It is the most joyous feeling to be awake. However, it is disappointing to hear that you were fighting with your brother. Why is that?", she asked. As she closed the gap between us, sitting beside me on the rock. Her blue eyes looking into mine.
I looked away from her to the bustling city of Kattegat. "I...I just don't understand him anymore, Gilthoniel. Ever since we were children, Sigurd was one of many children that made fun of me. He would laugh at weak legs. And after the whole Margrethe incident", I shook my head, "He takes every chance to make me feel less of a man. Isolating me from ever being normal", I ranted. My face suddenly felt hot as the tears started to form. It hurts so much to be hated by your own family.

           I could hear Gilthoniel sighing in dissatisfaction. She put her arm around my shoulders, bringing me closer to her side. It felt too natural for me as I laid my head between her neck and shoulder. The warmth of her body brought a warm type of comfort that I sincerely craved all morning. I held her small hands in mine, intertwining them as she laid her against mine. The smell of the lavender oil that clung to her hair and flawless skin overwhelmed me as we sat there looking upon the city. 'She feels like home' I thought. The incident between me and Sigurd at the Great Hall was all forgotten the longer I sat with her.

"It may not seem like it, Ivar. But I know what it feels like to feel ignored by everyone you know and love. As well as the pity and fear that comes with our imperfect selves. It is a feeling that I know very well Ivar. Back home, my brother, Legolas was the sibling that everyone looked at. The child that my father focused on and taught him everything. I felt deep within my soul that Ada (father) loved him a little more than I. Perhaps it is foolish to think so, but I saw it every day growing up. I was a girl that was meant to be raised as the perfect wife, but I refused to. I wanted to be just like my brother, a great warrior worthy of my father. So, I trained long and hard but my effort seemed to go to waste. My father still, looked to Legolas as a leader, a future king. When he would look at me it was about wine and the littler thing of our long lives. The only time he expressed any love towards me was because he almost lost me to the Darkness"

"I was shunned by most. They looked at me like I was poison. They looked at me the same way they look at you. Fear and pity", she said. I looked up at her beautiful face as she looked at our hands.
"You shouldn't feel that way, my love", I replied.
She shook her head, turning to look at me. "I know but know this Ivar. People especially, mortals never change. In all my years being around your kind, I learned that humans find comfort in bullying others because they themselves feel insignificant to themselves. The other elves back home are in some ways the same. Our immortality lets us be so consumed by our emotions that it comes out in the most... an unpredictable number of ways", she bowed her head so that our foreheads were now touching, "Sigurd is not that different. You must think more highly of yourself, Ivar. Be confident that what you have in here", she pointed at where my heart is, "and here", her finger moved to the side of my head, "Is much stronger than, your weaknesses. They carry much more meaning more than, anything", she said with so much sincerity in her voice. She hugged me tightly in her embrace, laying her head against mine.

I returned the favor, wrapping my arms around her petite frame. Laying my head in the softness of her snow-white hair. Closing my eyes, I let her soft words sink all the way down to my heart. 'She's right' I thought.

It seemed like forever that I was in her arms. Letting whatever this warm unknown feeling consume us. "Thank you", I said. Breaking the silence that we had fallen into. Even though I could see her face I could feel that she was smiling from ear to ear.
"You're welcome, Ivar", she replied. Kissing the top of my head. "Now let us go back home, eh. Your mother must be worried that you've been gone so long".
"Could we just stay like this for a little bit longer? I'm sure that mother would understand", I said.
She nodded.

'I could stay in her arms forever' I thought. 

_____________________________________________________

A/N - I didn't like the old version of this chapter that I uploaded last week so, I wrote a much better version. With that said I won't be uploading a new chapter this week. A newer chapter of this story will be uploaded next Sunday. I still have a few things to work out before, writing. 

-Remember to vote and leave a comment in the box below!