Hidden scars

(^This is what I would imagine, Gilthoniel to look like.^)

-Unedited-

Third person POV

All four of the Sons of Ragnar were amazed with the agility and beauty of their sweetheart. The way she readied her bow to how her foreign blades cut the air. They were in awe of her. There was no shieldmaiden in all of Kattegat that could compare to her. Nonetheless, they still trained hard to perfect their skills especially the three eldest Ragnarssons. As for the youngest, Ivar was sitting on his tree stump with the she-elf by his side. Both were watching the others train as the two rested on the sidelines.

Ivar, despite being the youngest brother as well as being the only crippled child of, Ragnar Lothbrok. His oldest brothers were curious yet, jealous at how much attention he was getting from, Gilthoniel. Each time they glanced their way she was smiling at him as he spoke of their legendary father. The elven princess looked at him like no other person or woman ever did. Except for his mother. She looked at him as a man, a man with a gifted mind. It was a shame that none of his brothers could see such beauty because of the condition of his legs. In, Gilthoniel's mind Ivar was very similar to herself. Like, Ivar she was underestimated by her father because of her gender and her older brother's reputation. And despite her physical appearance the she-elf was as deformed as, Ivar was.

Underneath, her perfect soft skin there were scars and burns marking her skin. The band of brothers wouldn't have been bothered by this because to them scars was a sign of strength and courage. But, to an elf it was truly the most traumatic thing in ones immortal life. Each and every mark on her skin was created when she was captured by one of the most evil thing coming out of Mordor, The Uruk kai. At the time, Gilthoniel was dragged from the paradise like appearance of her home to the darkness of, Don Guldor. A dastardly place where necromancers and tortured souls came to call home. Gilthoniel was only in her early 1900s when the truly terrifying torture had begun. It wasn't until, she was rescued by her father and brother the true motive of her capture was revealed. The intricate yet, purposeful scarring on her back that were made up of Black Magic and demonic signs carved into her elven skin locked something deep inside the princess. They had locked a demonic creature that only the servants of, Sauron could have conjured. A demonic witch creature named, Lilith, a priestess to the evil Lord himself. And for along time after her capture the princess was doing well into her recovery or at least that was what most of Mirkwood thought. It wasn't until, one day a band of she-elves had decided speaking words of poison and jealousy without provocation. Gilthoniel or rather Lilith, dealt with her tormentors swiftly. And when her father and brother had gotten wind of their beloved's emotional discourse it was too late. They had found, Gilthoniel, in a circle of their corpses her face was painted with marks of red and black. And her eyes were as red as the blood that covered her hands. Lilith, had ripped out their tongues as well as, their hearts. It was right then and there they had realized what truly happened to her in, Don Guldor. And they both made it their mission to help her get rid of it... or at least control it.

It took her beyond years to get rid of this thing. But, eventually she had learned to live and be in control of it. Fifty years later, Gilthoniel was almost the same she-elf before she was kidnapped. Except, for glamor spell that gave her the appearance of what was considered normal in elf society. However, the youthful looking princess kept this far deep into her heart and away from the viking princes around her. She tried not to think much of her past as, Ivar recounted the many adventures and discovers of his 'late father. The elven princess looked at him with amazement of what he was telling her because to her, Ragnar Lothbrok was no one, but a stranger to her. What she knew of him was that he was Aslaug's husband and father to her children. Including, the fact that he was the former king of Kattegat. But, what the things Ivar was telling him was far beyond her imagination. Gilthoniel, was truly amazed and hungry to know more.

Ivar, was in the middle of a story when the devious thrall known as, Margrethe arrived to the brother's training grounds. She had her usual sensual looking gaze as she walked to the nearest brother which, was Ubbe. Margrethe, used her charms and sexuality to try and lure the second eldest to her bed, but unlike the many other times she had done this her attempts were useless. Ubbe, simply didn't show any interest in the woman instead, he told her that he no longer wanted to be bothered by her presence. Which, in turn did hurt her feelings and caused a spoiled look on her face. However, she was resilient in her cause of at least having one of the brothers aside from, Ivar. But, Sigurd and Hvitserk's reactions were the same as their brothers. Both were simply not interested in her entirely. Overall, the power hungry thrall was enraged to say the least that her three lovers had turned against her. She was like a spoiled child running away as she left the training ground.

As for the onlookers of this whole spectacle that had happened in front of them. Ivar especially, was amazed at how strong his brother's resisting Margrethe's actions. And the same time proud that they had done so because he now knew for sure that all their promises were true. They all truly wanted to forget their past with the thrall and move on to someone better. And that someone was, Gilthoniel.
________________________________________________________________________

A/N - Hello everyone, Author ELF here! First, I wanted to apologize for my long absence from Wattpad. Secondly, for not updating ANY of my stories due to my busy work schedule. I absolutely had no down time to just sit and write new chapters since, my last update. But, have no fear! I have a whole free week to continue writing new chapters for all my stories. And maybe upload a few new ones that I've been planning for some time.

I hope that you enjoyed reading this chapter and getting to know, Gilthoniel a little more. REMEMBER to vote and comment in the box below!! AND remember to never be afraid to make any suggestions for future chapters.

❤❤❤