Invitation

-Unedited-
(^A/N- Gilthoniel's dress from the last chapter as well as this chapter. I don't own this picture. All rights to the owner^)

Rina POV

            It has been an amazing couple of days serving Princess Gilthoniel. She was so unlike any other princess or lady I've ever met. Her kind blue eye didn't look down on me like I was nothing. Nor did she order me around to the point of exhaustion. Instead, she let me have some time off and spoke kindly when she asked me to do her bidding. She was truly a lovely person throughout. It didn't even bother me that she wasn't human. To me she was someone who I wanted to serve and protect for the rest of my life...that is if she would let me.

        It was almost mid-day when I was called back to milady's room. She was finished with her bath and perhaps whatever the second eldest prince wanted to talk about. I was slightly shocked by what I saw in front of me. The Princess was sitting on her bed all dressed in one of the finest dresses in Kattegat. A dark navy dress that was beaded with golden beads and thread in patterns of suns and stars. It fitted beautifully for a sweet creature such as her. However, she wasn't sitting alone Prince Ubbe was there with her. She had her back to him as he smoothed out the tangles in her hair using a whalebone comb. One of the finest hair tools used by royalty. I slightly bowed towards the two of them before, proceeding to the task at hand which was emptying the used bathtub. Ubbe, looked at me briefly in acknowledgment before, combing out the last tangle in the princess' hair. Seeing him take so much care into making sure that she was comfortable which, was evident when she trusted him enough to close her eyes. She was totally relaxed as he braided her hair as well as, slipping on silver beads between each braid. Creating a design that only befitted a woman of her stature. When I finished it was at the same time, he had finished fixing her hair. She had turned around to face him with eyes wide open. There was a deep connection between the two because it was like the world around to them as they looked at each other. I thought it would be appropriate for me to leave the two alone for now.

Ubbe POV

          I savored the feeling of her hair that slipped through my fingers and the sweet lavender scent that came off it. There was no other woman like her that I would cherish with such love in my heart. Nor would I make the effort in braiding her hair in the most extravagant pattern that I could think of. Even though the only experience I had was doing my own hair. Gilthoniel, hummed delightfully as I finished lacing the last bead through her silky locks. I never felt so proud as to when she picked up one of the braids closest to the side of her face. Admiring the workmanship and the custom beads that I had gifted her. She turned around to look at me with a smile on her face.

"They are beautiful, Ubbe", she said with happiness lacing through her voice.
I smiled at her as she fully turned around on the bed to face me, leaving only a foot of space between us. She tucked her feet underneath her as she continued to admire my work. I reached out to touch the ends of her hair.

"I had each one made for you by one of the best blacksmiths in Kattegat. A welcoming gift from me to you", I said.
She was beaming with happiness. "I'm grateful for this, Ubbe. It has been some time since someone has done something so kind to me", she said. Gilthoniel, leaned forward to kiss my forehead. The softness of her lips on my skin made me shiver once again, closing my eyes I savored the feeling. Only to miss it when she pulled away.

"My kind Prince", she said in her own tongue. I opened my eyes to meet hers, frowning slightly. She laughed. "Don't worry, Ubbe you will one day learn how to speak my language", she winked, "I think its time we go see your mother and your brothers. They have been waiting for way too long. Don't you think?", she asked.
I nodded. "Let's go then, My Dove".