My Dove

-Unedited-

Gilthoniel POV - The Next Day

                 As the sun rose on, Kattegat I stretched out my body letting out the small cracks of bones snap into place then, forcing myself out of my fur laden bed. I walked across my bedroom's wooden floor to push back the curtains to reveal the newest start of one of my many adventures. Another story to tell when I return home. As well as, my closest friends in Middle Earth who still, craved for adventure but was held back by the responsibilities of life. I leaned against the wood of the window frame as my mind etched every single of detail of the city into my mind. Committing to memory of what this world felt like as the wind wafted through my window. It smelled like fresh sea water coming from the sea as well as, the stench of burning wood. I sighed as the familiar echo of Rina's footsteps grew closer and closer to my room. 'She on time' I thought. Nonetheless, of my servant's arrival I continued on to memorize this city.

"Good Morn- Oh! Milady your awake!", said Rina. She was slightly shocked to see that I too was awake. I turning away from the awakening city below me to look at my young servant who still, had some traces of tiredness in her eyes. Rina, although young physically in my eyes. Her heart and soul are pure perhaps that is why I trusted her the most out of all the servants in the palace. She immediately bowed in respect at her sudden outburst.

I smiled. "There is no need to bow my dear. I have lived too long with countless servants bowing to me", crossing the room I gently touched her shoulder in reassurance, "When it's just us, Rina, consider us equals", I said. Smiling.
"Thank you, thank you so much, my lady!", she replied excitedly.

I laughed at her reaction. "Your very welcome, Rina. Now, that we have that out of the way. Could you draw me a bath? I would like to start my first day as counsellor fresh", I asked of her.
"I will do so, My princess. Right away", she said with a smile. But, as she was about to exit my bedroom, Rina bowed for the sake of appearances to anyone to witness her leaving. As the door closed, I made myself busy by sifting through the two chests that, Aslaug had given me. Both were filled by the bundles of intricately sewn dresses, but there was only one that had captured my interest to wear this day. It was a navy-blue dress that reached just an inch above the ground. And fully sleeved with golden threads sewn into stars. It was a dress that had truly represented who I was and was an exact opposite of what I normally wore. Back home elves like myself wore colors that represented the seasons and at the same time it was never too dark in color. Unlike the one that I had laid down on my bed, it was a very bold choice to wear. I laughed to myself at how much freedom to choose whatever I pleased without my father or brother.

'What a day this day would be', I thought.

Ubbe POV

            Last night, was one of the most peaceful nights in my entire life because the remembrance of how she smelled and the heat of her body against mine. As well as, the sparks that flew between us as I wrapped my body around hers. I couldn't stop myself from replaying that memory over and over again until sunrise. My dove, my princess, Gilthoniel was truly one of the best choices that I've made in my life. That so-called thrall of mine, Margrethe never could compare to the elfin princess. And the fact that I had planned along with my brothers to completely rid her today was the day that we could rest. Rest from the idiocy of the idea of sharing the damn girl. And the bullying that went on between my two younger brothers. I sighed as a male thrall had finished tying the last knot on my boot.

"Did you get that thing I asked of you the other day, boy?", I asked the thrall.
He nodded, "Indeed I did, My Prince. The blacksmith had made it just in time", he replied. The thrall reached into his pocket and handed me a small black leather pouch. And as he did so the clinking sound of the objects inside filled in the slight void between us. I immediately opened the pouch to look at a twelve set of metal beads that were intricately designed. Perfect to weave through the silk like locks of my princess. 'She would truly look like a shieldmaiden with these woven in her hair' I thought. I smiled and at the same time affectionately messed the boy's hair as a sign of my approval. The boy smiled at the fact that I his master was satisfied with the work that he had done.